Arc 3 chapter 11: true meaning of a curse

Hello everyone, author here, I won't keep you long I just need to vent.

{ Most of the notes are edited now since a lot of time has passed. I will keep some of it, so you can have a taste of what I went through. }

So many parameters to micro manage.

Until now I had to nail their personalities, and reactions to dialogue / events... I did a somewhat decent job... I hope.

{ Scratch that I will re: edit as much times as I need until I nail it.

I severely reduced Subaru's yapp sessions, and gave the other characters a chance to participate. I moved away from the comfort of being a Subaru only dialogue disher.

I reduced unnecessary and repeating statements. In order to highlight the importance of archbishop yapp sessions. }

I still have problems, but slightly less, with keeping tabs on the character knowledge pool:

What their plans and schemes are. It's a nightmare. I am looking at you: copy of the book of wisdom. I can't wait to be done with you. Stashed somewhere where it can't stress me anymore.

And now the single most infuriating thing that keeps me awake at night (figure of speech: I sleep well.)

Dragon carriages speed is so inconsistent in the story, and the official map of the Re zero world... It makes me want to cry.

I believe that Tappei purposely made a world without minutes and seconds so that he wouldn't have to duck with this much math. Is the travel time from the Flugel tree to Arlam village 3 hours or 6 hours?

The answer is: I don't ducking know. I could try to pixel measure the speed of the dragon carriage but that's sooooo muuuuuucchhhhh work.

Even if I managed to estimate the velocity of an earth dragon which is anywhere from 60-100 km/h, or higher... There are other factors like: encouragement to go top speed, and luggage weights.

Not to mention that the earth dragon is an animal not a machine. They have a will of their own. If a dragon decides to do 60% of his capacity, then all of y'all can suck it, that's all you'll get.

But the official Re:zero world map is the worst factor of them all. Do you guys remember those old maps with sea creatures and beasts in certain locations that we as a humanity had in the past. Well they are more accurate than this... Child picture book monstrosity.

No matter how hard these problems might mush my poor brain;

By far the real reason why I might go bald with how much hair I'm pulling in frustration is this last one:

I noticed many times a scene can happen something like 1PM, then 5 minutes of action, then it's sunset somehow. Like, bruh...

Where the duck did you lose 4 hours of time?

And there's nobody to explain any of these things accurately.

By the way:

Did you know that only recently I found out that the Crusch and Rem group that got obliterated by two archbishops had nothing to do with the Arlam village rescue.

I honestly for the longest time thought that there was some Arlam collateral damage. Because anime said they were heading for the capital, so I really assumed:

"... Damn... Those poor villagers got cooked. Some got sliced and diced, the other had their minds straight up vored."

As it turns out, after the subjugation of the whale Crusch goes to the capital, then the Mercenary group goes to Arlam, then half of the villagers goes to the capital. So there weren't any Arlam village casualties.