Chapter 16 ~ alone at last ~

The following morning, Kao and Phon had a light breakfast and Nia got up briefly to give Kao the key's to her car before taking two mugs of coffee back up to her room, seems someone had a very late night.

They had dressed in shorts and loose tops before setting off for their day by the beach and the first place Kao took them to was the aquarium where they spent the morning learning about life under the sea.

At lunchtime, Phon understood why Kao had insisted on a light breakfast when he told him he couldn't visit Coney Island without trying the most famous hot dog in the world, the Nathan.

Kao, having lived in New York previously ordered the foot long chilli dog with extra chilli's so Phon thought 'when in Rome' and ordered the same for himself but held off on the extras

He was amazed when Kao tucked into his hot dog with gusto and he literally had to drag his eyes away from the supersize sausage disappearing between Kao's lips, the guy was driving him crazy especially when he licked mustard off his upper lip.

After managing to eat half of them, they wrapped the rest for later and taking their drinks with them they set off walking towards Luna Park, the sights and sounds of the fairground all heightening the experience.

It was fun to just walk around all the rides and watch everyone having fun then they made their way through the park to the other side and strolled hand in hand up the Riegelmann Boardwalk and as it began to get dark they sat on the beach and ate the rest of their lunch.

"well baby, for a wealthy guy you're certainly a cheap date" Phon laughed.

"I'm happy just being with you " Kao said laying his head on Phon's shoulder.

They say for a while staring out at the Atlantic Ocean until Kao suggested they get back to the car.

"we should make tracks Phon, it's not so safe around here after dark" Kao said.

"meaning?"

"well it's the same as anywhere I guess, when it gets dark all the lowlifes creep out from under their rocks" Kao said.

"let's go then" Phon said standing up and holding his hand out to help Kao to get up.

The pair retraced their steps and made it back to the car safely before Kao drove them back to Nia's place.

"hey guys, did you have a good day?" Nia asked as they walked inside.

"it was great" Kao said smiling at Phon,

"it was a lovely day" Phon admitted.

"are you guys hungry?" Nia asked.

"I'm not, are you baby?" Phon asked.

"no, I'm good for a few days" he laughed.

"I'll make some coffee, you just missed Dane, he said to tell you goodbye in case he doesn't see you again" Nia said.