Chapter 9 ~ opportunist ~

Phon left Kao to sleep some more before heading down to the kitchen and looking in the fridge he found an assortment of vegetables and decided to make one of his favorite dishes, a creamy vegetable risotto.

Looking through the cabinets he pulled out the cookware he needed and grabbing an assortment of veggies he began preparing them, peeling and dicing and he was just about to start cooking when Kao walked into the kitchen.

"I fell asleep" Kao said.

"that's ok, I told you to rest, how are your hands?" Phon asked.

"sore" Kao laughed.

"they'll feel better when the blisters pop, come and sit, I'm making dinner tonight, Mrs S' won't be joining us tonight, she said she's not very hungry but I'll make enough for her in case she changes her mind" Phon said.

"can I help" Kao said.

"no, but thank you for offering" Phon replied.

Kao felt guilty as he sat and watched Phon doing all the work, setting the table and cooking then twenty minutes later he was presented with a plate of creamy vegetable risotto.

"wow, it seems you're a man of many talents Mr Panapakussum" Kao said as he tried to pick up his fork, his hands hurt when he pinched his thumb and fingers together.

"you have no idea baby ... it looks like you're going to have difficulties eating"

"I'll manage" Kao said holding the fork like a shovel and scooping up some rice which fell off as he was bringing it to his mouth.

"let me help you" Phon said reaching for the fork then he scooped up some of Kao's risotto and brought it to his mouth.

"ahhhhhh" Phon said prompting Kao to open his mouth and take the proffered food and Phon couldn't help but think how sexy it looked seeing his lips close around the fork until he slowly extracted it and watched as Kao's tongue popped out to capture a grain of rice that had stuck to his upper lip.

Phon groaned inwardly and had to take a forkful of his own food to drag his eyes away from Kao's lips then he scooped up some more risotto to feed to Kao again, he was going to explode at this rate, he had no idea that feeding someone you were attracted to could be as sensual as this.

Thirty minutes later they had both finished eating and Phon washed up before making a hot drink. He placed two mugs on the table and left Kao for a moment to take a drink to Mrs Suppasak's room.

After telling her he had left a plate of risotto for her in the fridge and given her an update of Kao's hands he went back to the kitchen to help Kao drink his tea before drinking his own.

"what's the plan tomorrow then?" Kao asked.

"well, you're not going to be able to do much so I guess I'll do as much as I can alone. I'm going to call one of my colleagues to come and watch Mrs S' while we go and purchase some materials to make a composting area and you should also consider purchasing a  shredder" Phon suggested.