Chapter 7 ~ second thoughts ~

That night when Kao got home from work he went straight to his room to wash up. He'd spent most of the day thinking about Phon and cursing himself for applying the cream for him this morning.

How stupid could he be, what would Phon think of him now and wasn't he supposed to be making the guy suffer?

He'd promised to help Phon in the garden over the weekend but he wondered if he shouldn't just call in a team of professionals because he felt it wise to avoid Phon after last night and this morning and at least they would get the job done fast.

He decided to put it to Phon later when he went down to dinner but when that time came it seemed Phon had other ideas.

"I thought we had already agreed?" Phon said.

"I just think it would be better, I know nothing about gardening and they would get the whole garden done in one weekend where it would probably take us a month" Kao replied.

"that's part of the fun though, enjoying the weather and seeing the results of all your hard work" Phon added.

"I guess I have no choice then" Kao said feeling pushed in a corner again.

"no, you don't, you should honour your promise and hey, you might even enjoy it" Phon said.

It's not like he was afraid of hard work, he just didn't want to be around Phon, he didn't want to think about his kisses or how he'd had wrapped his arms around him or how he had called him beautiful.

"I'll do the dishes again ah-mah" Kao said to Mrs Suppasak as she dished up the food.

"I'd offer to help but I don't want my head biting off" Phon said.

Kao ignored Phon's comment and ate his food while chatting with Mrs Suppasak about her day, she was feeling a bit poorly so kao told her to go and lie down and he would bring her a hot drink after the dishes were done.

After she left, Phon stuck around and helped Kao after all,

"you can go if you like, I can manage quite well on my own" Kao said.

"it feels like you're trying to get rid of me Kao" Phon said.

"I'm just ... oh never mind" Kao said.

"you know you're not at all how I imagined when we first met, I thought you were a spoiled brat but seeing you with Mrs Suppasak, you're a really nice guy" Phon admitted.

"I just try and take care of those I care about" Kao replied.

"you applied antiseptic cream for me this morning so can I take it that you care about me then?" Phon flirted.

"are you flirting with your boss Mr Panapakussum?"

"is it working?" Phon smiled

"no, I just didn't want to be sued because of your injuries and for providing a bad working environment and also you're wasting your time" Kao replied.

"but you kissed me back this morning"

"I was half asleep, I didn't know what I was doing" Kao defended his actions.

"I don't believe you" Phon replied.

"do you want to know the real reason I requested you?" Kao said, he was going to end this once and for all.

"if you want to enlighten me, yes" Phon said.

"revenge, pure and simple! I wanted to make you pay for how you treated me the last time we met, for the pain and degradation you put me through but seeing you again, I guess you just aren't worth the trouble" Kao struck out.