Chapter 5 ~ do as I say ~

The next few days passed quickly with Kao getting up early and going to work and Phon going to his room every night to tell him that dinner was ready.

Kao came down to eat but Phon didn't speak to him again, it was more important that he eat something but even so, he ate very little before thanking Mrs Suppasak and offering to do the dishes for her.

This evening after Kao had eaten his fill of the meal he had offered to do the dishes as usual and where Mrs Suppasak would usually say no, this time Phon insisted and told her that both he and Kao would do them.

"are you sure?" she asked smiling and Kao couldn't refuse her when he saw how happy she was.

"you go and watch your drama's ah-mah and we'll do the dishes, and thank you" he said.

When she had left the kitchen, Kao turned on Phon with an angry expression,

"how dare you push me into a corner like that, don't ever try and manipulate me again" Kao spat

"oh lighten up Kao, I only offered to do some dishes with you" Phon replied.

"I offered to do them myself, I don't need your help or want to be around you" Kao said.

"why not, can't you stop thinking about my kiss?" Phon said provocatively.

"don't flatter yourself, I've been kissed hundreds of times and they were far better!" Kao said turning beet red as he spoke.

"liar!"

"go fuck yourself!" 

"if you hate me so much, why did you specifically ask for me?" Phon asked.

"I wanted someone here for Mrs Suppasak not me, she is alone a lot when I'm at work" Kao wasn't really lying about his reasons, just omitting his desire for revenge.

"then anyone would have done" Phon wouldn't let it drop.

"so leave and send someone else, it's just that I knew your name, there's no big fucking mystery or are you thinking that I'm in love with you or something" Kao asked.

"are you?" Phon asked him.

"don't make me laugh, how the hell could I be in love with someone who I only ever met three times and every single one of those times they treated me like I was something stuck on the bottom of their shoe" Kao said.

"and didn't you do the same to me? I think you'll find that you treated me with equal contempt" Phon shot back.

"are we doing these fucking dishes or what because if you continue, I'm leaving" Kao said.

"yes you're good at running away aren't you"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"I'm talking about running up to your room and hiding away all the time, come on Kao, fucking argue with me, let me see the fire that was there before" Phon challenged him.

"just stop Phon, I'm ... tired" Kao sighed.

Phon huffed and they both did the dishes before Kao went back up to his room and as Phon watched him walk away he thought about their heated exchange and he remembered how Kao had blushed when he'd mentioned the kiss they had shared.

He also remembered what Mrs Suppasak said, that he'd lived with his wife as friends, did that mean they had never slept together? if that was true and Chai Son was his first lover then no one else had ever kissed him because he didn't believe for one minute that Kao had kissed hundreds of guys.

Phon turned out all the lights and headed back to his room then he jumped in the shower and afterwards changed into sweat pants and a baggy vest before laying on top of the bed and catching up on his emails then he shut down his laptop, turned off the lights and fell asleep.