Chapter 12 ~ it's complicated ~

After getting a cab back to Kao's, they let themselves in and Mrs Suppasak was still in bed so they both went to wash up and change into clean clothes before meeting back in the kitchen.

They helped each other to prepare breakfast and when it was done, Mrs Suppasak emerged from her room looking surprised that they were both there.

"good morning boys, I didn't expect to see you yet?" she said looking at Phon.

"we got up earlier than expected and the young master here needed some hangover soup" Phon laughed.

"I'm sorry for worrying you ah-mah" Kao said to Mrs Suppasak.

"that's alright dear, did you have fun?" she asked.

"it was enlightening" Phon replied before handing Mrs S' a thick envelope.

"I didn't need to use it after all but thank you" he winked.

"you're welcome dear" she ruffled his hair.

The trio sat down to eat breakfast and afterwards Mrs Suppasak began her daily chores as did Phon and Kao decided to work from home.

As Phon patrolled the grounds he thought about how things had progressed and he was glad that Kao had admitted he liked him but he knew things couldn't go on like this. 

First and foremost was that if he and Kao were going to date then he wanted them to date properly, they practically lived together but hadn't been on one date yet. 

Mrs Suppasak had very cleverly provided him with an escape route regarding the company policy on dating clients but he didn't relish the idea of using that excuse with Chit and Phil if they found out and confronted him.

The very foundations of KJS were honor and principles and to use such excuses with Chit would seem underhanded.

Second was his job, as much as he enjoyed being here with Kao and Mrs Suppasak he knew that he wasn't really needed. 

He had to call Chit and give him an update and to be fair, he didn't have anything to tell him and as things stood right now he was being paid to spend his days gardening and his evenings keeping Kao and Mrs S' company.

He didn't want to leave and he knew Kao wouldn't like it but he needed to get back to his normal routine.

When lunchtime came around, Phon decided to broach the subject so after they had eaten he asked Kao if he could have a word so they both went through to the lounge leaving Mrs Suppasak to do the dishes.

"what's the matter Phon?"

"I need to talk to you about my job Kao" Phon said.

"I'm listening" he replied.

"I've been with you guys for quite a few weeks now and I'm not seeing any immediate threat to either of you not to mention you already admitted that you only hired me to get revenge" Phon said.

"so what are you saying?" Kao asked.

"I'm saying that I think it's time for me to leave baby, my superior is expecting an update and what am I supposed to tell him? that you're fine and in no danger so I spend my days gardening and helping with the household chores?"

"I don't mean to sound disparaging but isn't that what all security guards do, just hang around looking intimidating while waiting for shit to go down?" Kao said.

"wow, you might not mean to sound disparaging but you did a pretty good job baby, maybe one day I could take you on a real job with me but enough about that, I still have a job to do and I still need to maintain my fitness regime and the certain skills needed for that job and I'm not doing either here" Phon replied.