Chapter 4 ~ it's you ~

When Phon woke up the following morning it was 7.30am, he got up quickly and washed before dressing in pants and a clean shirt then he strapped on his shoulder holster before looping his jacket and tie over one arm as he made his way across to the house.

He headed for the kitchen to find Mrs Suppasak already up and cooking breakfast,

"good morning Mrs Suppasak, did you sleep well?" Phon asked her.

"yes dear, and you?" she asked him.

"very well considering it was my first night in a strange bed" Phon smiled.

"I've made rice and omelette this morning, do you want coffee or tea dear?" she said.

"anything Mrs Suppasak" Phon replied.

"I'll make tea then" she smiled.

"has the young master got up yet?" Phon asked.

"oh, he was up and left about an hour ago" she replied.

"did he eat?" Phon asked then wondered why he cared.

"he said he would get something at work, there's a staff cafeteria" she replied.

"I'm a good listener if there's anything I can do to help?" Phon offered his shoulder.

"thank you dear, you seem like such a pleasant young man I was actually thinking that someone closer to the young master's age might be able to help him better than I can but I would have to tell you his personal information and if he ever found out ..."

"would he fire you?" Phon asked.

"oh no dear but if he felt like I'd broken his trust, it might push him over the edge, he's only just hanging on by a thread as it is" she said sitting down at the table across from Phon.

"from the snippets you've told me ah-mah and reading between the lines, I'm wondering if he needs professional help?" Phon couldn't help suggesting.

"oh no, the boy just needs a friend, someone he can trust to bring him out of himself" she said.

"well, I'm here if you want to tell me" Phon replied.

The housekeeper stared into her own cup of tea as if in deep thought before sighing then she took a deep breath and began to talk,

"the young master was so happy as a child and as he got older he realised that he was gay"

Phon choked on his rice as Mrs Suppasak outed his boss then he took a sip of tea.

"he told his parents and they seemed ok with it and he continued with his studies a much happier person knowing that he had told them and got it off his chest.

When he went to university he met a very handsome young man and they fell in love, they were both crazy about each other and when the other man proposed, my young master said yes straight away.

Both sets of parents were happy and everything was fine until the young master's fiancé had a disagreement with his own parents about something unrelated and he left home to do his own thing.

After that, the young masters parents told him that their business was in danger and that they had been hoping for financial assistance from his fiancé's parents but because of the disagreement, they assumed that they wouldn't bail them out.

They emotionally blackmailed him into going on blind dates with numerous girls and threatened that if he didn't choose one they would choose for him so he chose one of the girls and they were married.

He had to end things with his fiancé of course and both boys were devastated so after the wedding the young master went to live abroad with his new wife but he kept in touch with me and even though they lived together as friends, they were both miserable.