xxi. wrap me in your skin and bones

where a blinding light shone 

on you every night

and either side of my sleep

you were held frozen like

an angel to me.

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Andromeda

As the meeting concluded, the demigods began to disperse, their minds buzzing with thoughts of the impending war and the mysterious lightning thief. Andromeda followed Luke out of the big house, her heart heavy with worry for Percy and the others on their quest.

Silena ran to catch up with Luke, pulling him down to whisper in his ear before rushing off, a happy smile on her lips. Luke hung back to wait for Andromeda. She slipped his hand into his when she reached him and the pair left the house together.

"What is Silena up to?" Andromeda asked. Luke smiled down at her.

"Your birthday party on the beach," Luke said, keeping his voice low. Andromeda felt goosebumps erupt on her neck where Luke's breath brushed against her skin. "But try to act surprised."

"A party?" Andromeda repeated. "Is that a good idea right now... you know, with the war and everything?"

Luke's smile faltered slightly at Andromeda's question, his expression growing thoughtful. He squeezed her hand reassuringly before responding.

"Try and talk Silena out of it, I dare you," he chuckled, his warm, happy expression returning. "No, but seriously, the war will just have to wait. You're more important."

Andromeda felt her stomach do a flip as she looked up into his dark brown eyes. As the sun hit them, they looked like warm honey, like rich soil, like liquid gold.

She let Luke pretend to waste time by taking the long route to the beach, but she didn't mind. She would give any excuse to spend a few extra moments with Luke, especially when they were on the brink of war. Luke seemed to feel the same way as he took his time walking through the forest. Their hands swung clasped together between them and the late afternoon sunlight broke through the trees and landed softly on Luke's honey brown skin. He looked angelic.

As they strolled through the forest, Andromeda couldn't help but feel a sense of peace wash over her. Despite the looming threat of war, being with Luke made her feel like everything would be okay, at least for a little while longer. She savored each moment, committing it to memory, knowing that their time together was precious and fleeting.