ix. we have tomorrow, bright before us, like a flame

you're still the one I run to, the one that I belong to

you're still the one I want for life.

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Andromeda

Andromeda sat on the edge of the pier, her feet dangling into the water. The moonlight glanced off the gentle ripples of the lake. Andromeda always loved camp the most in the summer, when the smell of campfire and the forest permeated the warm air. As she sat, she tried to calm her mind, but something was stirring in her, something she couldn't quite name.

Then, she spoke to her.

My master is waking.

Andromeda wanted to tell the voice to shut up, like she usually did. But she didn't. Something in her gut told her that the voice hadn't intended to speak to her, it was like she had overheard the voice's thoughts.

"What is it now?" Andromeda muttered to the voice. The sense of dread increased and the wind seemed to pick up speed around her, making waves appear in the murky water at her feet.

You still don't understand your role, demigod. Her voice cut into Andromeda so sharply that she clutched her chest, fearing that whatever the presence was might tear right through her.

"What role?" Andromeda gasped. "Who is your master?"

The voice just laughed in return. Andromeda shivered, the chill of the night air seeping into her bones as the voice's laughter echoed in her mind. She felt a surge of frustration and fear, a tangled mess of emotions that threatened to overwhelm her.

"I demand answers," Andromeda said, her voice trembling with a mix of anger and desperation. "Who is your master?"

The voice remained silent for a moment, its presence a looming shadow in her mind. Then, with a tone that sent shivers down Andromeda's spine, it spoke again.

Patience, child, the voice whispered, its words dripping with a sinister edge. All will be revealed in due time. But know this: your fate is intertwined with mine, and together, we will shape the destiny of this world.

Andromeda's heart pounded in her chest as she struggled to comprehend the magnitude of what she was hearing. The weight of the voice's words hung heavy in the air, suffocating her with their ominous implications.

"Who are you?" Andromeda asked, but the voice remained silent, its presence fading into the depths of her mind like a shadow slipping into darkness. The wind and the waves were fading back to calm.

"Andromeda!" She heard Luke's voice as if he was far away, muffled somehow. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and felt a hand touch her shoulder. It felt like an electric shock went through her whole body at Luke's touch and she jumped away. He was crouching beside her, a concerned look in his dark eyes.