xx. you may not be interested in war, but the war is interested in you

he's n̶o̶t̶ a villain

h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶y̶

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Luke

Luke wandered across the debris littered ground, his eyes finding damage to the cabins and the trees, caused by last night's storm. The storm. The beach. Andromeda. Fuck. But he couldn't think about that right now, he had to stay focused. The summer solstice was tomorrow, Monday. He hadn't heard anything from Percy or Annabeth since their Iris message and he still hadn't figured out how to handle the situation with Clarisse. 

The only thing he had done was get back on Andromeda's good side. He figured he would need as much good will as he could find in the coming days. 

Looking at the sky now, it was hard to imagine that a storm had blown through the previous night. The air was still wet, but it was hot and sunny, making the air muggy and humid. The wind hardly blew at all, which made Luke nervous. The stillness seemed to settle in all around him, suffocating him. He assumed Zeus and Poseidon were tired after their fight the night before and were resting, but he didn't trust this calm weather to keep, especially not after tomorrow. 

As Luke continued to survey the aftermath of the storm, his mind raced with thoughts of the impending summer solstice and the ominous silence that now enveloped Camp Half-Blood. He knew that the calm weather could be just the calm before the storm, a temporary reprieve before chaos ensued once again.

As Luke made his way towards the forges, his senses remained on high alert, attuned to any signs of danger lurking in the stillness of the camp. Despite the outward appearance of tranquility, he couldn't shake the feeling of foreboding that gripped him.

Arriving at the forges, Luke spotted Andromeda and Clarisse working together on repairing Clarisse's spear. He watched them for a moment, surprised to see the daughter of Ares working so well with Andromeda. They hadn't gotten along very well in the past, Andromeda thought Clarisse was intense and a bit of a bully. She wasn't wrong, of course. Andromeda was laid back and friendly, so he hadn't expected the ruthless Clarisse to take to her either, but he watched in amazement as the pair of girls smiled and chatted as they worked.

Steeling himself, Luke approached Andromeda, a soft smile playing on his lips. As he reached her side, he leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, his touch tender and affectionate. Andromeda looked up, surprised by Luke's sudden appearance, but a warm smile lit up her face at the gesture. 

"Happy birthday, A," he said. She grinned up at him. 

"Hey, Luke," she greeted him, her voice soft and welcoming. Clarisse made a gagging sound behind them. Luke and Andromeda glanced over at her and she wiped sweat off her brow with the back of her gloved hand.