x. you are the sun, you heal, you burn

your name fits into my mouth better than my own ever has

like I was born to speak it.

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Luke

"You're going to love this," Luke told Percy as the pair walked around a group of Athena kids practicing their formations, led by Annabeth. The Hermes and Apollo cabins had formed a temporary alliance with Athena for today's capture the flag. Andromeda was walking the Hermes cabin through a few sword moves. "Camp-wide mock warfare, all glory to the victors."

Luke caught Andromeda's eye and winked, a mischievous glint in his gaze.

Andromeda couldn't help but smirk in response, shaking her head slightly at Luke's playful gesture.

Luke noticed that Percy was watching Annabeth across the battlefield and smirked.

"Annabeth is the head councilor of the Athena cabin," he told Percy, who nodded. "She's led our team to three straight wins. Been a long time since anyone's won a fourth."

"She was there in the bathroom," Percy said. Percy had told Luke about his run-in with Clarisse and her friends in the bathroom over breakfast. "She said she'd been waiting for it to happen."

"Annabeth sees the world differently," Luke said. "Always six steps ahead of everyone else. You should cut her a break."

Percy glared over at Annabeth, who had her arms crossed over her chest as she watched her troops practicing. Nearby, Andromeda was showing Chris how to keep his elbow low as he thrust with his spear.

"Whose side are you on, anyway?" Percy asked, turning back to look at Luke.

"Oh, hers, always," Luke replied without hesitating. "She's my little sister."

Percy looked confused and Luke realized that he probably hadn't heard the story of how he, Annabeth, and Andromeda had first come to camp.

"Maybe I should back up."

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Luke

"Before camp, I was on the road," Luke explained to Percy as they sat in the dining pavilion, overlooking the lake. "Me and a forbidden kid I met along the way. Her name was Thalia."

It had been five years since Thalia had been turned into the pine tree that overlooked camp and protected its boundaries, but it still hurt to talk about her fate.

"And what does that mean, forbidden?" Percy asked.

"A long time ago, Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades agreed their children were becoming too powerful, so they made a pact, not to father any more. And it held for a long time until Zeus broke that pact. Until Thalia." He paused, letting that sink in.