xii. you will never be unloved by me, you are too well tangled in my soul

if i told you about the darkness inside me

would you still look at me like i'm the sun

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Andromeda

The celebration that followed capture the flag was always amazing. They feasted on barbecue and sung songs around the campfire. They had won a fourth capture the flag against Ares's team, which caused the Hermes kids to mock them relentlessly and the Athena kids to get insufferably smug.

And now they had new gossip: Percy Jackson.

He was the hot ticket item of discussion. Everyone was surprised that Poseidon had claimed him, surprised that he had even had him in the first place. Everyone knew that children of the big three were rare. Since Thalia, there hadn't been any at camp.

Silena's voice cut through the chatter of the crowd, drawing Andromeda's attention as she approached the campfire. A mischievous smile played on her lips as she glanced at Andromeda.

"Hey there, Andromeda," Silena said with a knowing look. "Your 'not-boyfriend' did a pretty good job out there in capture the flag, didn't he?"

Andromeda chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, he did," she replied, a hint of pride in her voice. But then she hesitated, realizing the implications of Silena's words. "But, uh, just to clarify, Luke isn't actually my boyfriend."

Silena raised an eyebrow, her smile widening. "Sure he isn't," she teased, her tone playful. "I saw the hug he gave you after he won."

Andromeda felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment as she tried to suppress a smile. "We're just friends," she insisted, though her protests sounded feeble even to her own ears.

"Whatever you say," she said. "Oh, by the way, have you told him yet?" She said it in a quiet voice, barely audible above the sounds of singing and partying around the campfire. Andromeda immediately knew what she was talking about. It was the first real secret she had kept from Luke, and she wasn't even sure why she hadn't told him yet.

The past few months, Andromeda had been studying in secret to get her GED. She had asked Chiron to arrange it for her and Malcolm from the Athena cabin helped her with her schoolwork. She had been thinking of giving college a try, but she still hadn't told Luke. She wasn't sure how he would react. They had such a good rhythm going at camp, training, surfing, playing around, and weekly capture the flag. But Andromeda was feeling a pull back to the mortal world, she had never been claimed by her godly parent, anyway.

"No," Andromeda admitted. Silena's eyes widened.

"But you sent out your applications months ago," Silena hissed. "What are you going to do-"