xiii. i love the gray area between right and wrong

i wonder which will get you killed faster

your loyalty or your stubbornness

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Andromeda

Andromeda stepped into Poseidon's cabin beside Percy, the sea breeze pushing gently against the door before it closed behind them. She wasn't supposed to be there, not really. Camp Half-Blood had rules about cabins, gods, and who belonged where. But Percy was new—too new to realize or care—and she? Well, she'd always been good at finding the cracks in rules and slipping through.

Percy only had a backpack slung over his shoulder and a sleeping bag tucked under his arm. He didn't need help. But Andromeda hadn't offered because of that. No, she had her reasons—reasons that had nothing to do with moving his things and everything to do with the kid standing next to her.

The cabin's interior took her breath away. Vast windows stretched from floor to ceiling, offering an unobstructed view of the camp's shoreline. Outside, waves glittered in the early morning sunlight, the expanse of the Long Island Sound shimmering like a living thing. The floor beneath her feet was polished blue marble, the kind that looked like someone had caught the very essence of the ocean and turned it into stone.

She touched a hand to the nearest piece of furniture, a bench crafted from what looked like the remains of a shipwreck. It felt sturdy under her fingers, its surface smoothed by countless tides but still holding the texture of age, of stories buried in the deep. The wood carried carvings of nautical symbols, faint but intricate, like something sailors would have etched during lonely nights on the water.

Percy, meanwhile, wandered over to one of the bunk beds. There were only a few, and each was draped with deep-sea blue curtains, billowing slightly in the draft from the open windows. He tossed his bag onto the nearest bed and stood there for a moment, staring at the polished marble hearth at the center of the room. Flames danced lazily within it, casting a golden hue over the interior, their light reflecting off the shimmering seashells that adorned the ceiling like constellations of the ocean.

But it wasn't the hearth that drew Andromeda's attention. No, it was the massive aquarium dominating the far wall, a saltwater wonder that seemed to pull her gaze like gravity. Coral reefs bloomed with impossible vibrancy inside, and schools of fish darted about, their colors a blur of movement. Somewhere in the background, a sea turtle glided through the water, utterly unconcerned with the world outside its glass enclosure.

"Woah," Andromeda said, looking around while Percy chose a bunk and set his things down. "This place is awesome."

Percy shrugged, looking uncomfortable.