vi. you're the closest to heaven that i'll ever be

no mountains, or sea, no thing 

of this world could keep us apart

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

five years later

Andromeda

Andromeda stirred in her bunk in Cabin eleven, the world around her a blur as sleep clung to her like a heavy fog. A persistent shaking roused her from her slumber, and through the haze, she recognized Annabeth's concerned face.

"Hey, wake up," Annabeth urged urgently. "We need your help at the Big House. Grover and a demigod are on the front porch, injured."

Grogginess clung to Andromeda as she tried to shake off the remnants of sleep, but the mention of Grover and an injured demigod propelled her into action. She sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. The cabin was still dark and quiet except for the heavy breathing of the campers all around her.

It had been five years since she, Luke, Annabeth, and Grover had stumbled over the boundary to Camp just like this new, injured demigod. And in those five years, Andromeda had still not been claimed. So she stayed in Cabin eleven. Not that she minded, of course. Luke was in Cabin eleven.

She glanced over at the bunk beside her's and saw the moonlight streaming through the window onto Luke's face, catching on his scar. He seemed to be having a nightmare, because his usually serene, soft features were screwed up in agony, his eyes clenched shut. She thought briefly about waking him from whatever horrible dream he was having, but her attention was soon drawn back to Annabeth, who grabbed her shoes and thew them down on the wooden planks in front of her feet.

"What happened?" Andromeda asked, pulling on the shoes. She didn't bother to lace them up before grabbing her bag from a hook on the wall and following Annabeth through the silent horseshoe of cabins and towards the big house.

"He killed a minotaur," Annabeth said, trying and failing to keep the awe out of her voice. "The patrol spotted him fighting down on the hillside and then he dragged Grover, who looks pretty banged up, over the property line."

"My gods," Andromeda said and picked up the pace a little. The two girls reached the big house a few minutes later. Andromeda was often called on to help the healing process of some more extreme injuries. While the Apollo cabin typically tended to the minor injuries that campers received during training or capture the flag, Andromeda or Chiron usually helped with the more serious or deadly injuries.

Andromeda had first discovered her magic touch the night she had met Luke. After they had been attacked by Cetus, a sea serpent, Luke had been injured and the only thing that had kept him conscious had been her touch. Luke had described her as some kind of reservoir for magical energy, but Andromeda felt more like a spare battery.