xv. you're in love with him and he's in love with you and it's a goddamn tragedy

because you look at him and see the stars 

and he looks at you and sees the sun 

and you both think the other

is just looking at the ground

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Luke

Luke woke as the dappled sunlight filtered through the window and rested on his face. He opened his eyes, blinking away the grogginess that clung to him. It was later than he usually woke up, Hermes campers were already getting ready for breakfast. A few were coming back from the showers, shaking water out of their hair and hitting others with their towels. Luke felt strange. Then, he realized why. He felt well rested.

He felt like he hadn't slept this well in months. After Andromeda had slipped into his bunk the night before, he hadn't had any more nightmares. It was as if her healing touch had purged his dreams. He glanced down at the spot on his bed where she had fallen asleep the night before. She wasn't there. He looked over at her bunk and saw it was neatly made, but she wasn't there either.

Andromeda never slept very much; if the sun was up, so was she. But he couldn't help feeling a little disappointed to not find her beside him that morning. He swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up, his bare feet hitting the cool wooden floor. He ran his hand through his hair, still blinking away remnants of sleep.

As Luke stood up from his bunk, still feeling the lingering warmth of sleep, he was suddenly jolted awake by the unexpected sensation of a t-shirt smacking him on the back. Startled, he turned to see Chris standing there with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Hey, sleepyhead," Chris said, his voice filled with amusement. "You missed our morning workout. You must've been sleeping like a log."

Luke rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, feeling a pang of guilt at having missed their usual routine. He couldn't remember the last time he had slept so deeply, so peacefully. It was as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders, the darkness of his nightmares replaced by the gentle warmth of Andromeda's presence.

"Yeah, I guess I lost track of time," Luke replied, his voice still tinged with drowsiness. "Sorry about that."

Chris chuckled, tossing the t-shirt aside. "No worries, man. You must've needed the rest. But you better hurry up if you don't want to miss breakfast too."

As Luke hastily finished getting ready, his mind still swimming with thoughts of Andromeda, Chris's voice broke through his reverie.

"Hey, Luke, what's that on your neck?" Chris asked, his brow furrowing in curiosity as he gestured towards Luke's throat. "Is that Andromeda's?"