xix. i desire the things that will destroy me in the end

anger was 

better than tears

better than grief

better than guilt

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Andromeda

Andromeda woke to the soft rustling of curtains as sunlight filtered through the cabin's small window. Her eyes fluttered open, immediately drawn to the white tulips on the bedside table. Their petals, delicate and perfect, caught the morning light, glowing softly. Luke always brought her white tulips for her birthday.

Luke.

The name brought warmth surging through her chest, and she turned her head, gaze falling on the bunk beside hers. He was still there, asleep. His chest rose and fell in a slow, steady rhythm, and for a moment, she simply watched him, the sight of his calm face stirring something deep within her. Last night... it really happened. Her heart quickened as she remembered the feel of his hands, the taste of his lips, the words they'd whispered in the darkness. He had told her he loved her. They had kissed. They had done more than kiss.

Andromeda blushed, pulling the blankets higher, hiding her face, but the memories kept flooding back. Luke was hers. It had been better than any dream she had of him, better than her imagination.

Andromeda lay there for a moment, basking in the warmth of the morning sun filtering through the cabin window. She watched Luke's peaceful expression as he slept, his features softened by the gentle light. Andromeda slipped silently out of her bunk, padding over to Luke's. The cabin was quiet, save for the occasional bird call from beyond the trees. She didn't want to wake him yet—not when he looked so peaceful—but she couldn't resist the pull to be near him. She climbed in beside him, curling against his side, careful not to disturb his sleep.

His warmth seeped into her, and for a brief moment, she allowed herself to believe that this was all they'd ever need. Just the two of them, in their own little world, safe from the storms and battles that always seemed to loom over Camp Half-Blood.

Luke stirred. His eyelids fluttered open, and his drowsy gaze met hers, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. She couldn't help but smile as she watched him stretch, his muscles rippling beneath his skin as he yawned.

"Morning," he said, his voice husky with sleep as he reached out to pull her close. Andromeda melted into his embrace, reveling in the warmth of his body pressed against hers.

"Morning," she whispered back, tucking a lock of his dark curly hair behind his ear. He was wearing her necklace, the letter A standing out against his caramel skin. He was hers.