xviii. it was impossible not to love her

and i'd choose you;

and i'd choose you;

in a hundred lifetimes, 

in a hundred worlds, 

in any version of reality, 

i'd find you,

and i'd choose you

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

(Mature chapter)

Andromeda

Andromeda and Luke crawled onto the beach, Andromeda coughing up water. Her lungs burned, but not as much as her pride. She couldn't believe Luke had been forced to rescue her, all because she was too stubborn to listen to him. He collapsed to the sand next to her, breathing heavily. 

"You should probably keep listening to me," Luke muttered, his eyes closed against the rain. Andromeda rolled her eyes and got to her feet. As much as she owed Luke for saving her, she couldn't help being annoyed at him. Did he have to rub it in all the time?

"I didn't need your help," Andromeda replied, shouting a little to be heard over the storm raging. Even as she said it, she knew it was a lie. 

"What?" Luke scrambled to his feet, following after her as she walked back across the beach towards the woods and camp. "I saved your life!" 

Andromeda quickened her pace, her frustration mounting with each step. She could feel Luke's presence close behind her, his voice carrying over the sound of the storm.

"I know you did," she snapped, her words laced with irritation. "But I didn't ask for it." 

Andromeda's anger wavered, replaced by a flicker of uncertainty. She knew he was right, but her stubbornness refused to let her admit it.

"I didn't need your help," she repeated stubbornly, her voice barely audible over the howling wind. "I can take care of myself."

Luke shook his head, his expression weary as he reached out to grasp her arm gently. "Andromeda, please, I can't keep doing this." Andromeda stopped in her tracks. The desperation in Luke's voice made her falter, despite her anger. She whirled around, catching him by surprise. 

"Okay, Luke, you want to have it out right now, let's do it," she snapped. The rain pelted them, the wind blew her hair in her face and she brushed it aside. "How dare you be angry with me for keeping college a secret when you've been lying to me this whole time? I can't believe you told me you wanted to kiss me when you are with Silena." 

"It's not like that with Silena," Luke interrupted. His shirt was sticking to his skin, contouring his muscles. Andromeda had to look away. She couldn't let his beauty distract her from her anger.