iii. i feel safe here, as light as a cloud

i feel safe here, under these covers, wrapped in your arms

next to your heart, i feel safe here

⋆₊ ⋆☼ ⁺₊⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Luke

As Luke and Andromeda navigated the dimly lit streets, the weight of the revelation hung heavy in the air. Andromeda's steps were hesitant, and her gaze flickered nervously to the shadows as if expecting an imminent threat. Luke knew that the reality of being a demigod, hunted by monsters, was sinking in. He had seen it happen to demigods before. It typically wasn't a pleasant experience.

Luke, feeling the exhaustion from the recent battle, struggled to maintain his composure. His steps faltered, and a wave of dizziness washed over him. Swallowing hard, he reached out to Andromeda, his hand trembling slightly.

Andromeda, initially resistant, felt the strength drain from Luke's grip. She glanced at him, sensing his weakness, and something shifted within her. Recognizing the urgency, she intertwined her fingers with his, offering a firm grip.

"You okay?" Andromeda asked, concern etching her features.

Luke managed a weak smile. "Just a bit drained. Your touch seems to help, though."

Andromeda nodded, her gaze still wary of their surroundings. The night seemed to close in around them, shadows whispering of hidden dangers. With each step, she tightened her hold on Luke's hand, drawing strength from the unexpected connection.

As they ventured further into the darkness, Luke began to share more about the world of demigods—the gods, the monsters, and the precarious balance they navigated. Andromeda listened, but her face was grey. She looked like she was going to throw up. When Luke told her about his father, Hermes, she interrupted.

"How do you know who your godly parent is?" She asked, a suspicious, accusatory tone in her voice.

"It's a bit of a long story," he said, his eyes far away. He didn't like thinking about his mother or the last time he had been home. "But my mother knew and she told me. I've met him, too, once."

Andromeda must have sensed the bitterness in his voice because she didn't ask more questions about it.

"And how will I know who my parent is?" She asked. "My parents are still married. I don't know which one I'm actually related to."

Luke felt uncomfortable. It couldn't be easy, learning that one of your parents had had an affair, much less that you were the product of that indiscretion. Andromeda's expression darkened. He could hardly believe that this was the same carefree girl he had watched surfing a few hours earlier.