"I'm here to see Ms. Davies and Mr. Evans. Please let me in..."

Amelia kept repeating herself, but the guard refused to let her in.

She could only stand at the door of the restaurant at a loss, turning her head and looking at the people inside.

James had been staring out of the window, and he was probably able to see how she tried to beg the guards, but he remained unmoved.

Amelia's heart ached, feeling suffocated. Tears rolled down her face uncontrollably.

At that moment, however, the nighttime rain was getting heavier and heavier, pouring down on her body.

Amelia was drenched in the rain. She picked up her move to the window step by step, staring at James.

After quietly staring at his gorgeous side profile for a moment, she stood on her tiptoes and reached out to knock on the glass.

Before she could touch the glass, Jessica grabbed her wrist.

"Ms. Garcia, you've seen his attitude towards you. Why don't you give up?" she asked.

Holding an umbrella, Jessica looked down at Amelia who was drenched.

"How pitiful. You should have listened to my advice earlier, so that this wouldn't have happened to you."

Amelia broke away from Jessica's hand. After shooting her a cold look, she still refused to give up and knocked on the window.

With sharp eyes and quick hands, Jessica stopped her with the umbrella in her hand, looking at her with greater contempt.

"Ms. Garcia, you begged the security guard to let you in just now. Even though James could see you, he didn't do anything. What does that mean?" she prompted.

She continued, "Clearly, he doesn't want to help you in front of his new lover. Think about it. He's already being so heartless. Why are you still begging him and refusing to give up?"

Amelia clenched her fists so hard that her fingernails dug into her palms, pricking her skin and causing them to bleed. The pain made her feel a bit better.

She was not in the mood, nor did she have the energy to argue with Jessica. Despite that, Jessica kept nagging her.

"Hurry up and wake up, Ms. Garcia," she taunted.

"James is only with you because he thinks you are pretty and has a good figure, and you can entertain him in bed."

She continued, "As soon as he finds a new target, he'll become cold to you. Don't think that he still loves you just because he hasn't broken up with you."

"Men always give the cold shoulder to force women to break up with them. I'm sure you're well aware of that, right?"

"So, you should stop putting on such a bitter act here. No one cares, and James won't sympathize with you, so why bother..."

Amelia, who had been pushed to her limits, raised her hand when she heard those harsh words. She gave Jessica a violent slap to the face.

"Shut up!"

Her slap was full of power. She used all her strength to smack Jessica's cheek quickly, and within a few seconds, it began swelling up.

Jessica froze in place, as if she didn't expect the delicate and weak Amelia to use violence. It made her tremble all over with
anger.

She raised her hand and wanted to slap her back, but Amelia grabbed her wrist.

Before Jessica could fight back, she was pushed to the ground.