Chapter 43

AMELIAS POV:

Harper had just been discharged from the hospital, she wasn't her bright bubbly self, I knew the overload and the hospital took a lot from her, she wasn't talking it was as if she was in a verbal shutdown, she was eating and drinking which was a good sign, she didn't seem too exhausted. I was worried she could have a burnout or some sort of breakdown, but seeing her still smile at some small things despite her not talking was reassuring me.

Harper still silent on the car journey home, I turned on Taylor Swift and saw her smile as she noticed it was Getaway Car one of her favourite Taylor Songs. I made sure the volume was calm and the car ride home was silent knowing her senses have been a lot higher.

As we opened the door we were greeted by the loud noise of "Welcome Home Harper" which startled the teenager into an unsettled state as placed her hands over her ears and ran up the stairs.

"Is she okay?" Meredith asked with concern.
"She's a little shaken up, think the noise startled her she would much rather prefer quiet, which is going to be hard" I explained to my sister and she nodded understandingly.

HARPERS POV:

As I ran to my room I immediately grabbed my ear defenders that I had customised to be Taylor Swift's lover album cover. As I placed them on my head making sure they were snug, the noises of kids dimmed down and I felt relaxed.

I didn't know why I couldn't speak, well I guess I kind of did, I felt as if I was in a verbal shutdown. I was completely unable to use verbal communication so I grabbed my sunflower lanyard that I had bought ages ago, it was old and stored away in a box, I clipped my communication cards to it and small note pad keychain and pen.

The lanyard was decorated in Taylor Swift pins and badges that I had collected over the years. I also placed my noise cancelling headphones that were decorated with eras tour stickers on my bedside table this is what I would use for school, they looked more normal something I could mask in.

I didn't know what school would be like, I was unable to speak and didn't really know why. I guess I was in shock, or as if I felt I was unable to speak, I was unsure. But I liked the silence, not speaking felt good I didn't feel pressured to speak.
————
I threw on my soft oodie that was of course Taylor Swift themed, yes I still loved A Kind of Spark that being my forever interest, Taylor Swift was my favourite singer and finding Taylor merch was much easier then A Kind of Spark.

I headed downstairs in the comfort of my oodie and my ear defenders, the sunflower lanyard around my neck as I chewed on the card that said I have a hidden disability.
"Harper you look very cozy" Aunt Maggie said as I peered into the kitchen. I smiled at her warmth and welcoming manner.

I walked over to my Mom as I chewed on the card attached to my lanyard. She was cleaning away Scout's toys, but my quiet nature caused her to not notice me.
I tugged on her shirt lightly to gain some form of attention.
"Hey Sweetie" Mom said as I was still chewing on the card.
"What's that you're chewing on" She said as she read the card that I had let out of my mouth.
"Aw" She said smiling at me.

I showed her my communication cards and she smiled at me with a proud expression.
"Harper I'm happy you're accommodating yourself" Mom said, even though I had my ear defenders on the noises were quiet but I was still able to hear her voice and read her lips.

I smiled knowing she was proud of me, she pulled me into a hug on the couch something I wanted to ask for but couldn't.
I felt a wave of sadness rush over me, I didn't want to cry knowing I was very sensitive.

Mom looked at me as she saw a small tear roll down my eye, she gave me a sad smile.
I reached for my communication cards and flipped to the card that said I'm sad.
"Aw sweetie, why don't you text me why you feel sad and we can communicate like that"

I opened my phone to text Mom.
Harper: I feel said because I can't talk and I don't know why and I want to talk, but it feels too much at the same time ☹️☹️

"Hey sweetie, nobody is going to force you to talk, if it's too hard it's okay you've been through alot and we will get through this" Mom said pulling me into a hug.
————
They was a knock at the front door, Mom went over to answer it.

Tuck, Miranda, Joey, Ben and Pru all walking into the living room.
Tuck smiled at me, "Hey beautiful" He said as he combed his fingers through my hair.
"I heard about what happened, you're not talking right, no pressure take your time babes" He said as he placed a small kiss on my cheek.

I snuggled up to Tuck, leaning my head into his chest by body facing forward as he wrapped his hand around my waist.
"Why don't we go into the garden and watch the stars" He said, I nodded with excitement as we made our way into the back yard.

The moment of pure autistic joy hit me, as I stunned happily. My hands flapping at the sight of the stars my face in an Ooooo look. As I was in complete admiration of the stars, I completely forgot that Tuck never saw me outside of the mask I had put up ever since I met him. What if he thought I was weird? What if he didn't like me anymore?

I looked over at Tuck who was smiling at me, he grabbed me into his waist picked me up and spun me around.

We layed on the ground as we pointed out the stars and smiled at the different shapes and sizes. Stars made me happy, they relaxed me, they soothed me.

"Hey Tuck, it's getting late we should head home soon" Miranda came out into the yard her face instantly lit up with joy as she saw me and Tuck snuggled into each other smiling at the stars as he whispered words of wisdom into my ear that reassured me.

"Aw, you two are goals" Aunt Maggie said walking into the garden with mugs of hot chocolate on a tray soon followed by Mom and Aunt Mer.

"Hey you" Mom said as she layed down next to me, I pointed at the stars and smiled.
"You really like the stars don't you rockstar" Mom said as she let out a small giggle, I smiled back.

Authors Note:

More Tuck and Harper cute scenes?

Should I do some Jo and Harper scenes maybe??

Would they be any other scenes you would like to see?