Chapter 22

The end of Christmas break

HARPERS POV:

I woke up with the worst feeling ever. Shit! Shit! Shit! It was the first day back at school, Mom had recently submitted my application to the SEN school which could take up to 6 months for a reply. My anxiety was even worse, I didn't want to get up for school.

I pressed snooze on my alarm clock, and went back to sleep for a bit. Well at least I tried to I kind of just layed on my bed for a while, I don't know how long for but I heard a voice shout.

"KIDS GET IN THE CAR FOR SCHOOL" Aunt Meredith shouted. Crap! What time is it, I checked my phone 9:00am. Shit! I've been lying here for 2 hours. Surely someone would have noticed that I haven't came done for breakfast?
————
The door creaked open, I saw Mom's face peek in. "Harper, are you going to get up for school and have some breakfast or are you just going to rot in bed all day?" She said as stood in my doorway. I didn't reply, honestly I didn't want to go to school, I didn't feel like doing anything.

Mom walked into my room heading to my closet, "Come on let's get dressed for school, I'll take you out to eat breakfast" She said as she was looking through my clothes. I didn't feel like getting dressed, or going to school. In fact I didn't feel like doing anything at all, I just wanted to sleep and hide away in my bedroom.

"I'm not going" I said shoving my face into the pillow. "Harper, can we please try and get up for school?" Mom said laying out some clothes on my bed. "No go away" I said groaning. "Harper" Mom said as she tugged on my pillow. "Ugh I'll get up for gods sake, but I'm not going to school" I said sitting up in my bed. "Harper this is progress, but let's try go into school" She said handing me my clothes. "No, no, no I can't go I can't go, I need to be at home" I said, I just couldn't go into school honestly the thought of school made me feel sick.

"Harper why can't you go to school?" Mom asked as she sat next to me on my bed. "I just can't" I said not really sure on why, but it was just a constant feeling. "Harper can we try?" Mom said as she placed her hand on my shoulder. I shrugged her off my shoulder, "NO IM NOT GOING" I snapped almost letting out a scream. "Harper, let's calm down" Mom said as she was now kneeling down in front of me.

"I'm not going okay" I said trying to convince her to let me stay off. "Okay Harper, if your not going to school your not staying in your room all day, you can come to work with me and complete the homework you was supposed to do over the break" She said picking up my sheets of homework. "Ughhhhhh" I let out a sigh. I just wanted to sleep, I hated this, I hate school, I hate everything.
————
After about 20 minutes I had finally agreed to get up and get dressed and go with Mom to the hospital. I took a picture of my outfit and posted it to my Instagram with the caption "belle française"

 I took a picture of my outfit and posted it to my Instagram with the caption "belle française"

My hair took a while to do, I made sure it was perfectly slicked back into a bun. Something I remembered doing during my ballet days. I haven't done ballet since my Dad died, this bun reminded me of how much I enjoyed it and how I was the top of my class. I remembered how to do a pirouette retracing each step and move, I formed myself into a pirouette turn, which I landed perfectly. I still had it in me, it felt good but could I do all my other tricks.