Chapter 15

AMELIAS POV:

It's 8PM I've been pacing around the house stressing where Harper is, my thoughts jumping to the worst scenarios. What if she's OD and laying dead in the middle of the road?

"Amelia, calm down" Maggie said. "Calm down?" I said snapping slightly. "I'm sure we will find her" Meredith reassured. "When should I call the police?" I asked seeking some guidance from my sisters. "She's a teenager, she will probably come back soon" Maggie said, but Harper is not just a teenager.

"When I was 15, I was getting high on the roof of my friends house! Harper is not fine, she's not a normal teenager, she's not like you Maggie. She is like me! And if my Mom had not called the police that day, and if the police had not found me, I would be very dead right now!" I snapped, worried about Harper I know her story and how much similar she was to teenage me.

"Amelia why don't you get some rest and we will look out for Harper?" Meredith suggested, I decided to take her advice as I trusted her to be able to find my daughter safely.

HARPERS POV:

It was 10pm, I climbed the tree that was directly outside my bedroom window, I slipped under the window, hoping nobody noticed I was gone.

Shit! Mom was laying on my bed. Shit! Shit! Shit! "Harper?" I heard a groggy voice call out. Crap! I'm in deep shit now.

"Harper where the fuck were you?" Mom said sternly and frustrated. "Out" I replied quickly. "Are you high?" Mom said quickly. "God no. What?!" I said sharply. "Why do you smell of smoke?.." She said as she stood up hugging me.

Shit! Shit! Shit! How am I supposed to explain that I was smoking without her thinking I'm going to relapse? Smoking is a gateway drug, which will panic her even more and make me go to more meetings.
—————
"What do you mean" I asked nervously, knowing exactly what she meant. "Have you been smoking?" She said abruptly. "NO!" I snapped I regretted it as it made it so obvious that I was indeed smoking.

"Okay, but I need you to tell me where you've been, I've been worried I was nearly going to call the police" Mom said sternly with a worried face. "Like I said I was out" I said, but clearly that was not enough for her.

"Out where Harper?" She asked. I felt annoyed, why couldn't she just mind her own business? Like I get it she cares about me, but she always jumps to the worst case scenarios. "I was out okay! Why won't you just listen, God you're so controlling" I snapped.

"Controlling?! Watch your attitude, I asked you where you were and I expect you to answer. Don't you dare ever speak to me like that or even leave the house without asking" She said lecturing me. "God I wish you would just leave me alone" I said as I took my jacket off, the cigarette packet falling out my pocket.
——————
Shit! I tried to grab the packet in secret, but Mom was holding my wrist. "What are these?" She said holding the packet of cigarettes up. "There not mine I swear" I said clearly lying, but holding my hands up defensively. "Yeah right, how did they get here then?" She said staring at me sternly.

"I don't know" I said trying to act descreet. "Harper don't lie to me" She said frustratedly. "Okay there mine, but why does it bother you or even matter?" I asked rolling my eyes and speaking with a blunt tone. "Why does it bother me? Because it's a gateway to drugs and you're an addict for god sake" She snapped at me.

"Why does it matter honestly, it's my life so mind your own business" I said sharply, reaching into my pocket and grabbing the small bag that contained two pills, holding them up showing my Mom, as I opened the bag and swallowed the pills in front of her.
—————
She quickly grabbed me and pulled me onto the bed, holding me closely. What did I just do? Why did I do that? I didn't want to at all, but I just felt impulsive.