Chapter 14

HARPERS POV:

I headed downstairs to make a quick snack, my hair bounced as I hopped down each stair with floods of energy. I slid across the floor, ouch! I felt as I nudged against someone.

I had bumped into Maggie, "Hey careful!" She exclaimed, taking her hand and looking at my freshly cut hair. "God you look like a mini Amelia" She chuckled. I guess I kind of did, my hair was styled similarly and we often dressed alike with cosy knitted sweaters we had almost the same style.

Mom was grabbing a glass of water smiling at me from a distance. "God Amelia are you turning Harper into you?" Meredith chuckled as she walked in a saw our similar hair and outfit choices. Me and Mom kind of just looked at each other realising we were dressed pretty similarly.

I ran up stairs feeling a little bit embarrassed, I digged into my wardrobe pulling out the trunk of my birth Moms old clothes, I found the world's tiniest cropped halter top that tied in the back. God knows why my Mother even had this, I found a pair of a washed dark blue jeans with a slight flair to them, as well as a pair of black ankle boots.
———-
I looked in the mirror all dressed feeling kind of grown up, it felt like me, I looked a bit like my birth Mom, it felt right, it felt as if she was with me. The top was rather revealing, also noticing I had rather large boobs, and a fine ass, which ran in my mother's family. It made me feel confident I guess, I felt like myself. I threw my hair up in a gold jewelled claw clip that matched the bohemian halter top.

I dashed down the stairs and stood in the door way, as Mom, Maggie and Meredith stood there looking a little bit shocked at my outfit. "Hola Chica!" I smiled cheekily. Their faces still at shock, I grabbed my purse and headed for the front door.

"Oi! Missy where do you think you're going?" I head Mom said with a stern tone. Shit! I thought to myself. "Out" I replied quickly. "Where to? A strip club?" Mom said looking at my outfit from head to toe frowning at me.

"Erm.. no I'm 15!" I exclaimed. "Exactly!" Mom said as she looked at me rolling her eyes. "What?" I asked with a sassy tone and a dramatic eye roll. "You know what" She said staring at my outfit. I knew that she wanted me to get changed, but I liked how I looked. "Go get changed!" She said annoyed with me.

"Fine!" I said sharply and rather bluntly as I stormed off upstairs, to find myself laying on my bed little tear drops trying to find an escape.

AMELIAS POV:

I felt rather annoyed at Harper, how did she even have clothes like that. I mean they were cute, but not appropriate at all especially for her young complexion. Maggie and Meredith were casually laughing throughout my serious conversation with Harper.

"God you two weren't helping" I said a little bit annoyed but also sarcastically. "Doesn't she remind you of someone" Meredith said looking at me just laughing away. "One minute she's dressed just like you then the next she comes down dressed ready to play hooker" Maggie laughed.

"Takes just after her Mom" Meredith said as I rolled my eyes at her. "I thought you were the dirty mistress?" I said sarcastically and giggled with my comment. Not that my daughter would ever be one I thought hopefully. I mean gosh she was a lot like me, I guess she never really had someone to look up to for majority of her teenage years. She already reminded me of teenage me I dreaded to think any further.
————-
I was heading upstairs to check on Harper, as I was walking up to her bedroom I heard a slight sound of what seemed to be crying.

I pushed open the door to see Harper sitting on the floor in front of her mirror tears running down her eyes. As soon as Harper noticed me she wiped her tears away still completely dressed in the tiny halter top and tight flared jeans.

"Problem?" She said rather bluntly, but I let it slide. "No I just wanted to check up on you" I said still worried about her tears. "I'm fine, look I'm sorry I'll get changed" She said walking up the her closet.

"Wait" I said and she turned around looking directly at me. "Come sit" I walked to the end of her bed and perched down. She frowned at me with confusion, but I just patted the space next to me and she soon sat down.

"What's going on with you?" I asked truthfully. "Nothing? Why?" She said I could tell she sounded a little unpromising.

HARPERS POV:

Shit! Just shit! Absolute shit! Why was she asking me if I was okay? I mean I am, but does she expect something? Maybe she thinks I'm high? I mean I'm not besides from the cigarettes which she completely knew nothing about and I'd like to keep it that way.

"Did something what your aunts say bother you" She asked. I mean it did not that I was offended I just wanted to be my own person and not seem like I was a mini Mom.

"Harper you can tell me, your aunts won't be upset, did they did say something that bothered you?" She asked again, I gave a slight nod. "I-I wasn't offended, I-I just.. I just wanted to be my own person" I said shrugging my shoulders a little.

Mom looked at me and put her hand on my shoulder. "You are your own person and you're very unique, never change yourself for others!" She said smiling while hugging me closely. I guess she was right, but I felt confident in those clothes I did feel like my own person, it felt right.
—————
After Mom's pep talk that was practically cringe and something I was not going to listen to. Like I'm not gonna stop masking, I don't know what makes her think that.

I opened up my window, reaching into the draw of my nightstand. I pulled out the packet of cigarettes and a lighter. I smoked the cigarette and let the sensation of breathing the smoke in and out move around my body. It felt nice to be able to be in control, I quickly let the fire burn out crushing the cigarette before throwing it out the window as far as a I can.

I decided to listen to Mom about changing my outfit even though I felt confident in myself. I pulled out a pair of baggy overalls and a baby tee that was slightly cropped, it was a navy blue colour.

I took out the trunk of my birth Moms old clothes, hanging any of the pieces I liked up in my wardrobe. A lot of the clothes were rather revealing and definitely from my Mother's club days.

I threw my hair up into a ponytail that twisted in a claw clip that was silver and matched the buttons and buckles on my baggy overalls. I did feel okay in this outfit, I felt like a teenager, but not 'grown up' enough. I hated the feeling of the overalls bagginess as they hitted against my skin whenever I moved or walked around. I ignored the sensation of the uncomfortable clothing.
————-
I grabbed my bag and walked out the front door, I'm glad my Mom or aunties didn't see me. I just needed to get out the house, I had no idea where I was going to go. I felt the light breeze hit against my face as I walked, it felt nice it felt fresh.

My converse was untied, almost falling off. I hated tying my laces, it was something that stressed me out being unable to get the bows imperfect, I was never able to get each shoe the exact same size bow when I tied my laces. I needed it to be perfect, so I practically gave up on tying my laces.

I found a small bench in a peaceful area, I sat down to take a rest from walking. I did feel like running away, but I had no reason to do so. The household was great to me, I guess this was the first time Mom was stern with me. I understand I'm 15, and probably shouldn't be dressed as if I was going to shag 5000 men in a strip club, but for the first time in years I felt like me, it felt right, I guess?
—————-
It was getting rather dark surely they would have noticed I was gone by now? I didn't think much of it, I just wanted to be on my own for the night.

Authors Note:

Gosh Harper, what will happen to her?

How will Amelia react?