Chapter 42

AMELIAS POV:

"She's not came out her room in ages" I said to my sisters as I heard the A Kind Of Spark intro from my daughters bedroom and instantly knew she was rewatching the season for the 3rd time this week.

Harper was became more and more hyper fixated on this show, she only comes of out her bedroom for food, or to go to school even then is always watching it on her phone.

I was happy she had found a show that had great representation, but also nervous a so could see her slipping into her own world, it was all she talked about.

Everything was A Kind Of Spark, she had merch, a signed copy of the book, posters, and so much more. Her room was filled with every A Kind of Spark, it became her whole personality.
————
I knocked on her door, no answer as I willingly let myself in she was laying down focused on the screen that was playing the show she had been watching for months now, constant re-runs waiting for the next season.

"Harper, I have work so your coming with me, come on get your shoes on" I said to see my teenager still amused in the TV that had been playing from the time she woke up.
"Harper I won't ask again" I warned.
"Harper shoes now" I said starting to raise my voice slightly, she looked up and paused the TV.
"Harper" I said hoping she would come down stairs.
"What" She asked with slight frustration
"Harper I've got work and your aunts are on-call so get your shoes on" I said firmly needing her to get up and make an effort.
"Can't I just stay here" She winced
"No Harps, now get your shoes on" I said waiting impatiently
"Okay I'm up" My teenager said in a moody disappointed tone.
————
In the car she was watching A Kind Of Spark on her phone of course, I had to accept that is was her favourite show but some part of me wished she would get bored of it and enjoy other things that she was missing out on.

Her grades were slipping in subjects she excelled in, multiple meetings with teachers how she was constantly doodling characters and writing A Kind of Spark over and over again on her pages as she decorated her notes with stickers of witches and stars, something she had also found an interest in.

I had an appointment with her educational psychologist today something I know she was dreading, the appointment letter was on the fridge, which she knew about, but her interest in her show clearly made her forget where we were heading first thing in the hospital.
————
As I got out the car I noticed my teenager still focused on her phone, she had not even noticed we were at the hospital yet.

"Harper" I said as I opened the car door to where she was sitting.

She gave me a small look and paused.
"We're here, can you turn off the phone for a second while we're in the car park" I said needing her to pay attention to if any cars were coming. She nodded as to my surprise she willingly turned off her phone to walk across to the hospital entrance.

"Harper, your education psychologist wants to see us so that is where we are heading first" I said as my teenager was still focused on her phone while we walked through the hospital corridors to the paeds floor.

Harper gave me a certain look of anxiety, I could see how the word psychologist made her feel.

HARPERS POV:

I didn't want to see the psychologist she sounded nice given my the description my Mom gave, Dr Michelle had an excellent reputation, but I wanted to watch A Kind of Spark.

As we waited for Dr Michelle in the waiting room, my legs swung hitting the bar of the chair. Mom placed her hands on my legs to stop me from hurting myself.

"Harper Shepherd" A nurse said as she pulled us into the weighing and measuring room before my appointment.

I hated this part, I didn't like being around numbers that I didn't understand.