Chapter 11

HARPERS POV:

It was my first night at the ward. Lights out by 8, nurses would come check to see if you were sleeping around 9 or so. 7pm nurses were still roaming around, active in patient rooms.

I sat most of the day in my room, refusing to eat, I honestly didn't want any of that crappy cafeteria food. Me not eating probably made them more concerned, but that wasn't the reason I was in so surely they wouldn't keep me any longer.

We was allowed our phones at certain hours, they had to be turned off by lights out. It was almost 8PM, I decided to text Mom before I would be made to turn my phone off.

Harper: I miss you, can you come see me tomorrow?

I waited for a reply, my phone buzzed a few seconds after I sent the message.

Mom: I miss you too baby, and of course I will come see you tomorrow. Get some rest and remember I love you and I've always got your back xx!

I smiled at the message what Mom sent, the nurse came in.
—————
"Lights out now! Phone off chop chop" She said staring at me holding my phone. I turned it on silent, and put it on aeroplane mode. They didn't take phones, they just expected you to turn it off and place it in the draw. Yet me I of course I didn't follow that rule, I'm never the one to follow rules really.

The nurse left after I turned off the lights and placed my phone in the draw. I layed awake waiting for the hours to pass.

I heard footsteps at the door, I quickly closed my eyes. The door opened, they was a pause, the shut again quietly. I opened my eyes and layed there thinking to myself, how I could try and get out or even harm.

They were a jug of water and cups next to it, it was the solid plastic ones. I knew if I could break it I would create some sharp shards I could keep hidden.

I grabbed one of the cups and placed on the bed, thinking I could probably try and crush it or cause it to snap if I put all my weight onto it. I layed on top of the cup, moving around on it trying to put as much weight on it as possible.

I heard a small snap, I lifted up the cup from behind my back and felt a small crack. I bent the crack back and slid my finger across it creating a small scratch. I hid the cup under the covers to try break it and attempt to muffle the sound of it snapping.

I fiddled around with it till I managed to break off a small shard. The end was pointy, the sides were scratchy. I paused thinking about how I would hide the broken cup, or even the shard, or the scratches I was about to create.

I knew I wouldn't be able to go deep, not with something blunt, nor in this ward. I decided to just scratch my arm lightly, I enjoyed the pressure it had on my skin, it made my arms red but eventually it clears up and is unnoticeable.

Most people wonder how I even got my box to be filled with sharp objects, most of the time I just picked stuff up of the streets that people left around, I took apart pencil sharpeners, snapped stationary, and would take staplers out the stapling gun and stick them together with glue to make a thicker blade.

Growing up in foster homes no one really noticed, but ever since I moved in with Amelia and her family. I was more monitored and I had to resort to my own thinking. It was also pretty easy, them being surgeons and out at the hospital working, but also for them to constantly clean the house and check for any dangerous objects made it harder.
————
Before I knew it the morning had came, the nurses came waking us up for breakfast. Today we had group therapy, family visits followed by more therapy then more therapy then more therapy. Honestly I could go on and on about how many times we have to do therapy.