Chapter 40

HARPERS POV:

"3..2..1" I said as I revealed the painting to my brother and Mom.

"Wow" Mom said as she looked closely at the painting.
"Did you do that?" Meredith asked as she walked in with Zola, I nodded smiling.
"Harper that's so cool" Zola said as she looked at the painting.

I heard small weeps, I turned to see Mom getting all teary.
"Mom are you okay?" I asked
"Yeah I just, I just love it and I'm so proud of you" Mom said pulling me in for a hug.

Maggie walked in and stared at the painting.
"Woah, is this a picture or a painting?" Maggie said as she inspected it further.
"It's a painting and guess who did it" Meredith said pointing to me.
"What no way! That's amazing Harps" Maggie said as she clapped.
"This painting, it's going in my office at work" Mom said as she hugged me even more.

AMELIAS POV:

I headed into work carrying the painting for my office.
"Shepherd what's that" Bailey said questioning the large canvas I was holding.
"It's a painting Harper did" I said holding up the canvas.
"Woah, she's got some talent there that looks real seriously real" She said as she inspected the canvas.
"Harper did that?" She questioned, I nodded and she stood rather shocked.
"She should host the paediatric art club Arizona wants to set up, she'd be really creative in that" Bailey said.
"I'm sure she will love that" I said as I walked to my office.

In my office I hung the painting above my desk, so when people sat down the canvas would be on show and it was the perfect spot.

"Amelia, Bailey said that Harper could maybe host the art club for paeds?" Arizona asked as she walked into my office.
"Yeah that's if she's up to it" I said as I finished up some charting
"And also I came to see the painting, the whole hospital knows about your little artist" She said walking further into my office.
"It's just above my desk" I said pointing to the painting her face instantly dropped.
"Harper did that, what how did I not know she was so talented" Arizona said truly in shock.
"She's pretty secretive" I said chuckling.
"She shouldn't be she has a lot of skill" Arizona said
"I know, but she's shy about things" I said knowing she often doubted herself.

HARPERS POV:

Mom had called me to her office after I had rested, I wasn't sure why but hopefully I wasn't in trouble.

I walked into Mom's office and was greeted by Mom and Arizona. Shit! I thought I hope this isn't about me not eating the other day or my hyper fixation.
"Harper! Come sit down" Mom said as she invited me in.
"What have I done now?" I asked as I sat down on the chair.
"Nothing at all me and Arizona just wanted to ask you something" Mom said.
"We are organising a paediatric art club for some patients who are able to move and interact with others and we are looking for a host and some volunteers" Arizona said.
"Oh so you want me to volunteer" I said.
"No we want you to host" Arizona said smiling.
"Really, are you sure? Shouldn't an adult host, I'm not really great with kids" I said as my self doubt kicked in, what if they didn't like me?
"WHAT! Don't be ridiculous your great with kids, and of course there will be doctors and nurses around, you will just think of crafts and art to do with the children and they can follow along, like an art class" Arizona said.
"I'll try it, but what if they are too chaotic or don't listen" I said a bit unsure.
"Look Harper your great with kids, and kids love art I'm sure they will listen to you and if they don't then your responsible and old enough to be able to know what to do, and your patient with children you won't be harsh or angry at them" Arizona said, which was true I could never lose my temper at a child.
"When do I start?" I asked rather excited
"Now if you like" Arizona said as she jumped up with a burst of energy.

I nodded and we skipped to the paediatric ward, Mom also followed but she stayed further away thinking I wouldn't notice, but it's so obvious she would come along.
————
Arizona blew her whistle, "Attention tiny humans, today we have an excellent artist with us today this is Harper and we are going to be hosting art club a few days a week, if you are interested and you are able to join then please come it will be fun!" Arizona said in her bubbly voice.