Chapter 29

AMELIAS POV:

I called Maya and Carina about this opportunity and explained the situation, they seemed happy and excited. Harper and me were sitting in an office with Sirena and her social worker.

"Thankyou so much for this Dr Shepherd, it's been hard for Sirena she's a child who doesn't speak and has meltdowns, families have rejected her so much. This is a big help I'm so grateful!" Sirena's social worker said.

Sirena had been recently given an AAC to communicate, we had managed to get her evaluated for autism and diagnosed with Nonverbal Autism and Multiple learning disabilities and delays.

The child was enjoying the AAC, pressing lots of symbols and words for some attention. Her smile and Harper's laugh was treasurable, they had formed a bond over the couple of days.
————
"Hi sorry we were a bit late, I had a call" Maya said walking in with Carina, their faces instantly lit up.

"Is this the bambina" Carina asked I gave a nod and a smile happy to see the lovely couple excited.

I turned round to Harper who was looking almost jealous, she would always sigh then close her lips into her mouth in a way, then smile slightly. I knew it would be hard for her to not be around Sirena, she'd been away from her for 3 years and I felt bad, but Maya and Carina would never stop her from seeing her.

We gave Carina and Maya the folder of Sirena's diagnosis and care plan. The two women listened and were understanding, they really wanted a daughter and this little girl lit up their world instantly.

We read over the child's needs and the two women signed the foster papers that approved the official foster care of Sirena.

"Hey Amelia thankyou thankyou for this" Carina said with a joyful smile, her and Maya were cuddling a smiling all through the meeting.

HARPERS POV:

I knew Sirena was getting a good family an excellent family, I wouldn't want her to go to any other couple than Maya and Carina. But a part of me felt a bit jealous, Sirena was my sister I wanted to spend everyday with her.

"Will I still get to see her" I asked Carina and Maya as they left the office room.
"Of course, she is your sister after all you can visit anytime and you can babysit, Sirena seems to love you, we wouldn't take that away. We want her to know her family, as she gets older she's too young to understand but you will be in her life we want her to know she has family left" Carina said which made things feel better honestly.

Maya and Carina left with Sirena. "Bye Bye" I heard Sirena's AAC say. It was the cutest thing she was learning quickly how to use it and I was proud.

Mom came and hugged me from behind, "I'm proud of you, that was a brave thing you did there" Mom said resting her head on my shoulder and smiling at me.
"Thanks it's just I haven't seen her in so long, it's hard" I said hugging Mom.
"I know sweetie, but you heard what Carina said her and Maya would not stop you from seeing her" Mom said running her fingers through her hair.

Sirena was safe that's all that matters, she has a loving home that will bless her and care for her and not shame her for her differences.
————
We headed home, after the long day I was tired. Mom has constantly been saying she's proud of me for accommodating myself, I've been wearing my ear defenders more often, and I have decided to customise some for Sirena and put together a fidget box and everything she will need.

I got to work, I drew stars on the ear defenders. Stars was Sirena's favourite thing, when we were both in care we would watch the stars and her eyes would light up. I decorated an old shoe box, I had some fidgets that I had bought from the shop for myself, but decided I had already some favourites that I use and don't need anymore. I placed a few of the toys in the box and arranged it neatly.