Chapter 30

HARPERS POV:

"Dinner!" I heard Maggie shout, crap. How am I supposed to hide not eating at a family meal. I headed downstairs to see Maggie dishing up chicken, rice and vegetables.
She placed mine in a plate that had compartments to separate my food.

I stared at my food while everyone was eating, Mom looked over at me with a look.
"Harper, you like rice and chicken" Mom said as she saw me playing with my food.
I shrugged my shoulders and continued to play with my food.

Mom picked up my fork and scooped up some rice and held the fork to my mouth, I turned my head away.

"Harper you can either eat the food or tell me what's wrong then eat" Mom said.
I didn't respond I just sat there still staring at my food.

"Harper what's wrong?" Mom asked
I stayed silent not making eye contact, I twiddled with my thumbs trying to ignore Mom.

"Harper talk to me" Mom said as she placed her hand on my shoulder. I continued to ignore her, but then I felt a small tear drop down my face wishing Mom didn't notice.

"Hey Harper look at me" Mom said, but I remained staring at the plate of food.
Mom pulled me in for a hug, but I shrugged her off.
————
I left the table my food untouched and ran up to my room, Mom following behind me.
I locked the door of my bathroom, the door handle kept moving around.

"Harper open this door please" I heard Mom say, I ignored her and reached for a blade that I had kept hidden and unused.

I took one look at me in the mirror, noticing my awful thighs and how my stomach wasn't perfect. I needed to be perfect, I took the blade and started to scratch lightly.

The door barged open and Mom saw the blade in my hand, the light scratches across my thighs and stomach.
She ran over quickly and scooped me up into a cuddle. "Harper pass the blade to me" Mom said, I still had the blade in my hand.

She quickly took it away from me and examined my cuts and scratches.
"Sweetie why didn't you tell me?" Mom asked me as she was wiping the specs of blood off.

I didn't say anything I just couldn't speak.
"Okay Harper, it's okay" Mom said as she picked me up and gently carried me to my bed.

"I'm.. I'm.. I'm sorry" I said struggling to get my words out from all the shock.

"Shh I've got you" Mom said as she wrapped me in her arms and cradled me.

AMELIAS POV:

I was worried about Harper, her eating has been off since the burnout, but it seems to be getting worse.

She felt lighter, her stomach was visibly flatter. As a doctor I knew I needed to do what was right and book her an appointment with Arizona, but as her mother it was a difficult thing to believe. I didn't want to think that she could be developing an eating disorder, she had all the signs of ARFID causing her some malnutrition, but for her to be struggling with another eating disorder I couldn't possibly think down that route, but I knew what I had to do.

I texted Arizona and she immediately understood and we were able to make an appointment for tomorrow morning.
I decided I would let Harper rest for the time being as it was rather late.

I knew I wouldn't be able to get to sleep without constantly thinking about Harper, but I had to do everything for her.

HARPERS POV:

I woke up rather early I felt hungry, I took out a piece of chewing gum hoping that would help my hunger.

I got dressed and took a selfie for my Instagram with the caption Ignore the messy room xx