"Harper could you just take off your shoes and place your phone here" The nurse said in a calm and kind tone.

I didn't want to let go of my phone, nor did I want to take off my shoes, I sinked my toes in further to the comfort of my Ugg boots. The tights itching my legs as I became for present of my senses, the thin wool sweater that itched my arms became more present. I could feel a sensory overload peeking in, but I really didn't want to rip all my clothes off that itched every part of my skin till the point it felt like a bunch of spiders crawling all over my body.

I started to slowly move up and down on my tiptoes creating small bounces, a stim I did when I was feeling rather nervous or impatient. Mom noticed as I suddenly stopped and started to chew on my wool jumper, the texture hit my mouth and sent shivers down my spine I quickly tore it out of my mouth still feeling the tingles in my teeth and spine.

"Harper let's just get this part over and done with okay" Mom said as she encouraged me to stand on the weighing scale.

The only person I would allow to weigh and measure me was Arizona, not some random nurse that changed every appointment I have with my psychologist, even though this was my first appointment, I knew this nurse would probably not weigh or measure me again.

I bit down on my tongue gulping down my fear. As I stood on the scale and watched as the confusing numbers and measurements went up.

I stepped off the scale Mom smiling at me proudly as the nurse now to my height measurements.
————
It was over quite quickly as we headed out to the waiting room to be later greeted by Dr Michelle.

We was pulled into a cozy looking office, they was toys, fidgets and posters about mental health and neurodiversity.

As we took a seat on the couch decorated with soft pillows and blankets Dr Michelle sat on a singular couch chair in front of a coffee table.

"Hi Harper, Hi Dr Shepherd, so I am Dr Michelle I am sure Dr Turner has informed you about me already I thought I would just do a proper introduction." She said smiling.
"Thank you" Mom said smiling.

"Well as you know I'm Dr Michelle, but you may call me Céline, whatever you are comfortable with, I will be Harper's educational psychologist and we will have an appointment once a month to talk about how Harper is doing on terms with her autism, ADHD, dyscalculia, selective mutism and anxiety diagnosis's, this session will just be me asking some questions and answering any concerns, but also getting to know Harper and you of course Dr Shepherd and understand both of your experiences and how we could learn to help with these experiences and challenges Harper may face" Dr Michelle explained with a beaming smile plastered across her face with every word she took.

I pulled out my phone to watch A Kind Of Spark to distract myself from the constant itching of my tights and the scratchy material I opted to wear, I do put myself through hell sometimes, but Mom suggested to wear something warm as it was a typical Seattle day cold and rainy!

"Harper phone off" Mom said as she saw I had drawn my attention to the device I held in my hands as I watched Party the episode where Keedie had a sensory overload at her 16th birthday.

"Hmm she's okay to watch it, I've had a lot of kids who distract themselves with their phone could I ask what your watching" Dr Michelle asked, but I was far too focused on A Kind of Spark to answer the question.

"She's watching A Kind Of Spark, it's this show about autism and witches she's watched it about a thousand times, it's all she ever talks about" Mom said as she let out a small chuckle, but behind that chuckle was worry and I could sense it even though I didn't understand her worry for me watching a show.