AMELIAS POV:

I was paged to CT by Koracick, must be something interesting.
"Hey you paged" I said seeing Koracick in the CT room staring at the computer with brain scans that looked clear, but something was different.
"7 year old Estella Darrow having uncontrollable episodes of unresponsiveness almost as if she spaces out" He said as I looked at the scans.
"The scans show nothing" I said rather confused
"I know, but look here, her central sulcus is thick, thicker then I've seen before, her hippocampus is larger then it should be" Koracick said.
"So she needs an educational psychologist" I said knowing exactly why she would need that.
"No, I'm going to reduce the size, it could be causing her episodes" He said which I instantly needed to stop.
"Isn't that a bit risky.." I said knowing he was about to try and 'cure' something impossible.
"Yes, but I'm a great surgeon" He said proudly
"Tom I don't think that's a great idea" I spoke out
"Shepherd, I'm the best neurosurgeon, you're just the second best, I know what I'm doing" He said cheerfully.

We headed back to the patients room, Harper was there.
"Harper?" I asked confused on why she was here
"She's been my assistant today" Arizona explained and I smiled at my teenager's helpful acts.

As we placed the scans on the screen Harper immediately looked at them.
"We noticed she has a rather thick central sulcus and a large hippocampus, this could be a cause of her episodes" Koracick said
"It's not" Harper said as she looked at the scans. Koracick gave her a look.
"Look mini shepherd, I know your Mom is a neurosurgeon, but your not so don't tell me I'm wrong" Koracick said, it made me want to punch him but I had to remain professional

"Well you are wrong, the central sulcus has been shown to be larger for ADHD individuals when compared to neurotypical individuals, and the hippocampus is shown to be larger in some autistic individuals which is probably why we have the ability to memorise things better then a neurotypical would, or even have much vivid memories, any great neurosurgeon would know there's no cure for autism or ADHD so cutting into her brain wouldn't fix her, and her spacing out has nothing to do with ADHD or Autism, yes they can hyperfixate on walls for ours, but you want to test her for absence seizures" My teenager started to ramble on about her special interest.

Koracick looked at her and nodded
"You are rather smart" He said a bit shocked on her answer.
"I mean neurodivergence is my special interest" She said with a slight eye roll trying not to brag about her interests.
"And she probably needs an educational psychologist to diagnose her with ADHD and autism if she isn't already" Harper said proudly as I gave Koracick a sort of 'I told you so' look.

HARPERS POV:

It felt good that I had helped someone, the child was now being tested for seizures and evaluated for ADHD and autism. I'm glad I could help someone, it made me feel good inside, the feeling felt I don't know somewhat magical.

"Harper why don't we grab dinner and head home" Mom said as we walked along the hospital corridors.
"Sure" I said as Mom pulled me in closer.

We settled for a small diner that had just opened up, we noticed Maya and Carina were eating there with Sirena, a man with them who I recognised as a firefighter from the station, Jack Gibson if I remember correctly.

Carina and Maya noticed us as we sat down at a table close by.
"Ciao Amelia" Carina said in a welcoming manner as we sat down at the booth.
"Hi Carina" Mom said as we were joined by Maya, Sirena and Jack Gibson.

We invited for them to sit at our booth and they gladly excepted, Sirena seemed happy to see me as she was communicating her thoughts with her aac.

Me and Sirena communicated through her aac.
"Are you sure you're ready for a kid Jack?" Carina asked, this immediately got my intention
"I am and there's so many foster kids out their in need of safe homes, I remember what it felt like being on the streets or in group homes running away constantly" Jack said, which made me feel valid almost Jack was a foster kid like me
"Real" I muttered quietly, but it must of been loud enough for them to hear as...