26.The Devil giving a name to the 'life'

I won't be available on Wattpad, but you can reach out to me on my ig fictioncreations_tr

Every reader have their prefrences and I won't stop anyone from leaving my story (I can't).
But please don't leave with a misunderstanding or misconception about the story.

So, here's the update I promised

Mishika's povIf only life was a cakewalk and understanding people was a piece of cake

Mishika's pov
If only life was a cakewalk and understanding people was a piece of cake. But it isn't. And especially when it comes to unravelling all the mysteries stocked away in the depths of my nightmare for a husband's dark stygian eyes.

The same eyes which make all my senses freeze with a single glance simultaneously set my entire existence on the infernal fire with their intensity.

The same eyes I confessed to love when Mishti asked if circumstances flip then would I fall for the devil of my life ? I bluntly denied. I can't ever fall for him. I shouldn't. And I know I lied straight through my teeth. Only if circumstances were different.

I can't love him but I love those incendiary thronged charcoal orbs of my nightmare. No, nightmares don't look ugly. In fact they look handsome. Mine have a breath-catching face with a black heart. And an illegal pair of intriguing eyes like blackholes.

Those blackholes are terrific-ly bewitching and even after knowing that they could burn me into nothingness, I, like a moth, still get lured by them. I fear I will lose myself within those dark abyss. And no matter how much I'm trying to run away, they are still consuming me everyday, agonisingly slow, bit by bit.

I let my steps still when my eyes follow to the open balcony and fall on his silhouette. Without much thought my feet itself sprint a little closer as his bare back flex under the moonlight gets more clear for my eyesight. If not for the small dot like red light flickering between his fingers then I wouldn't have known that he is smoking.

I don't make any sound and watch the night breeze camouflages the smoke from the cigarette and visibly goosebumps adorn his skin as it passes by him.

Why is he so stubborn ? Is he planning to fall sick ?

His shoulders are strangely stiff while he keeps the burning cigarette caged between his fingertips and stares into space.

Is something bothering him ? Is it about his argument with Rhea this evening ?

Back in his office he asked me to wait while he went to bring his car. As he was taking longer than expected so I, myself, decided to move to the underground private parking garage.

Since then I couldn't take the thought out of my head that there are certain things kept in the dark which I should know. Although I could only hear snippets of what they were arguing, they abruptly halted as soon I approached their sight. And from what I could gather hints that it was something that relates to me.