10.Signed her life with the Devil for next seven lives

Lot's of love my Support System for 25k reads.. (m crying) ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

'*****' marks the beginning and end of flashbacks so don't get confused...

Now enjoy darlings and bombard your emotions

Now enjoy darlings and bombard your emotions ༽

"The groom's name was also Ishan. I think I should remind Aunty to get you married soon." Hearing Ishan's groan of annoyance through the phone earned a laugh from Mishika.

"Let me enjoy being a bachelor for some more years." Shaking her head she pursed her lips to suppress her laughter to not annoy her best friend any further.

"Do you think I'll get a cab back ? I don't have driver uncle's number and I don't want to disturb Yami Maa at this hour." While her lips were expressing her concern, her eyes darted to the sky, where the moon was shining strong and proud in the vast duvet of darkness.

Automatically a smile curled on her lips reminiscing Ishan's words that made her honey brown orbs gleam under the moonlight.

"It won't be safe since it's past midnight and reaching your apartment will take around two hours." Voicing out his worry, he let out a thoughtful breath. "Should I come to pick you up ? You can stay here for the night."

Before Mishika could come up with an answer, her phone was snatched from her hand by someone from behind. Baffled by the intrusive act she swiftly turned around.

"We are going to my penthouse." He quipped and in the meantime his fingers skillfully disconnected the call. And before she could even interject, he spoke again "I'm bringing the car. Wait at the exit gate."

And like that he was gone, leaving Mishika with a frown and knitted eyebrows. She would have defied him but right now she had no option. Waiting for Ishan to come and pick her up will exhaust her and him both, considering it will still take more than an hour.

"Beggars can't be choosers." Pacifying herself, she reluctantly marched to the exit gate.
~
~
~
Dark with mysterious calmness and totally his type is what Mishika came upon after running her eyes across the lavish penthouse.

"Follow me." her eyes rolled when Aarav's impassive voice arrogantly interrupted her admiring session. And watching him making his way upstairs without waiting for her made her internally groan in annoyance.

The door knob clicked and Aarav stepped inside and sparing no glance at the girl behind him, sprinted inside the washroom.

Cluelessly and uncomfortably, Mishika decided to roam her eyes around the spacious room which looked very tidy as if someone has been using it frequently.

As if having brains of their own, her feet automatically walked closer to the shelf at the corner of the room. Her hands in daze surfed across the books on the shelf and stopped at a particular one when recognition crossed her eyes.