18.Gaining life after losing a Life

Filler Chapter. Try to figure out Mish through her perspective.

*Warning* if needed

Mishika's povClutching the thin quilt around myself, I lingered my gaze at the crescent moon that floated proudly through the waves of grey clouds amidst the ocean of the dark night

Mishika's pov
Clutching the thin quilt around myself, I lingered my gaze at the crescent moon that floated proudly through the waves of grey clouds amidst the ocean of the dark night.

Dinner was not a cheerful event tonight so I got spared even after not having a proper meal. I've hardly fallen asleep to divert my mind from the confrontation of this evening and was woken up, disoriented, due to the same nightmare.

With every ounce of mine, I've tried to lag ahead of my past but seems like the stubborn past has pledged to tag along, sneaking through my sleep making the realisation of once harsh reality to punch in my guts.

The scene of blood, lots of blood and the noise of my ear splitting scream plays back to back, again and again in my dreams like a broken record before everything goes black.

And I am glad it always ends there. I don't want to see further, see myself surrounded by the pool of my own blood, see my parents rushing in my room when I screamed for them, see their fear stricken face like their world would collapse right then and there.

These bitter memories still clenches my insides, I hate going through the same loop incessantly and even after years I can't find a way out of it, to get over it. I hate to reminisce about myself drenched in the blood of the life which was growing inside me, a life I had no idea about.

Everything changed after that incident as if my soul reincarnated with a pledge to stand and fight and survive for myself and my parents. Harsh but I didn't know how I actually felt about it. I was just nineteen and depressed, going through a tough phase.

I mourned for the gone-innocent but I also knew that it had no future since I wasn't ready for any such unbidden responsibility. Society would have quenched life out of me and my family. Afterall reality doesn't end up with rainbows and unicorns like fiction.

That night still loiter somewhere in the back of my brain, with messy and broken memories of the events. With my parents gone for an emergency to a distant relative, I had sneaked into his farewell party in desperation for a confrontation, with a desire for the apology I thought I deserved.

I never saw who filmed me when I was changing in the college sports room. However on my way out, my eyes clashed with him who was rushing out of there. Momentarily our eyes met and he shot me one of his egoistic smirks before fading away from my sight. And then within the next few days the video was everywhere in the college.

**F L A S H B A C K B E G I N S**

Author's pov
Amidst the swarm of numerous drunk and partying youth, Mishika anyhow managed to spot Aarav who looked pretty much drunk himself. Finding him alone in a corner, she finally approached him. Throughout the chaos, her heart was drumming within her ribs and adrenaline making her pulses throb.