22.The engraved line that binds the Devil's sanity and insanity

Happy New Year my Support System Family ヾ⁠(⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠)⁠ノ *ik I'm late

And also, if you guys still haven't checked how I imagine our characters then please scroll up to the characters part and checkout the media box

And, I've added the sneek peaks of scenes of every chapter in the media box, so don't forget to check that out and tell me how you feel about them 👀

Mishika's pov
Mishti smiled, her eyes still filled with glimmer as she surfed through the various attire. It was evident on her face how fascinated she was. And it erupted an utter proud feeling in my heart about our culture and our prosperous fashion.

"I want to buy everything they have in here." I chuckled as she twirled, a dreamy haze looming over her eyes. My eyes narrowed at the sound of an annoyed groan, knowing it came from Aarav who was trailing behind.

"Unless you are ready to sell your kidney for it." Seriously! Sensing the coming squall, I quickly moved in front of Aarav, before Mishti would pounce on him with her murderous plans and the owner would throw us all out of here.

"Back off kids." Waving a hand animatedly in the air, Ishan chimed in a tone of amusement. Aarav pinned Ishan with a glare meanwhile Mishti was already shooting Aarav with fierce looks. Not again.

"Let's get done with this without any blood war, shall we ?" I offered, my voice strict. Ishaan nodded almost immediately, but who was he fooling ? He is enjoying it all too much and that's barefaced. The remaining two gave a reluctant nod, digging holes in each other's head with their glares and then looked away.

Exasperatedly, I let out a sigh and followed Mishti leaving the boys to sulk on the couch in the corner. Before leaving, I shot a discreet glance at my not-so-dear husband who rolled his eyes in return. I don't want him to go sallying on Ishan.

A few days ago when he asked me to accompany his best friend from London in shopping, I was expecting his friend to be a namuna like him. However I wasn't expecting someone with a completely clashing personality from him.

(Eccentric)

Seeing him off beating his usual demeanour, a slight different and open up, feels peculiar. And even though I shouldn't be thinking about it, my mind keeps drifting to wonder that if we were still friends, maybe things wouldn't be so thorny between us.

Realising these thoughts are weighing on my mind, I shake my head to brush them off. Don't think of it Mishika. You two weren't meant to remain friends.

"Hey" My trance was broken by Mishti's voice and I heard the clicking of the trial room's door. "How's it ?"

My gaze moved at her figure draped in the green embroidered anarkali, which was strikingly bringing out the green of her eyes. "Regal. This is perfect."