20.A Date with the Devil

Baharon votes barsaao.. ki naya chapter aaya hai... ♪♬

On a serious note, so many are voting but only few are commenting.. too demotivating

Now next chapter will depend on how much the response raises :-/

Flexing his neck, Aarav let his hand rake over the black shirt he wore to ease the slight wrinkles

Flexing his neck, Aarav let his hand rake over the black shirt he wore to ease the slight wrinkles. Rounding his lips, he whistled another random tune, his back now finding another comfortable angle to lean against his car. He tried, but couldn't refrain from taking an umpteenth glance at his Rolex watch before his eyes darted to the tall building which was staring right back at him.

Standing at the same spot for the last half an hour, he had been repeating these same actions in chord. He was... nervous!? But he would never admit that aloud.

Just as his hands, itching to bring out a cigarette, moved to his pocket, the known figure appeared from the building catching his eyes almost instantly. She walked amidst the crowd yet he could see her in the spotlight. As if the whole world is as black and white and grey as him and she is the only art surfeited with noteworthy shades of brown existing in there.

As exaggerated as it sounds but still it isn't enough to conjure up to the extent of power her mere presence administers over his darkness. Everything that his infernal twisted self desires, it is she. His sanity, the forbidden delusion he desires to conquer, the light that intrigues him yet leaves him starving, the addiction he can't get over of.

And the devil, afraid of the authority of the addiction that could bring him to his knees, has kept it cloaked. And he did it so immaculately that even she has no idea of the spell she had cast on the untamed beast.

Her steps flattered with the first realisation of his presence however she averted her steps in another direction, her pace intensifying. Amusement dances through his eyes, noticing her antics while he pocketed the shades off his nose bridge. Swift in his reflexes, he pulled her to himself with a single tug when she was about to pass by him.

Not prepared for the sudden move, her body dashed with his robust chest. Nonetheless he was very much prepared that as soon he felt her weight over him, his arms wrapped around her petite frame. Composing herself from the unexpected exertion, her head craned up, dark brown tendrils cascading beside her visage beautifully.

"Hello Honey-eye." His voice deep and hushed, audible only for the two of them. And she found her breath hitching, everytime he calls her like that makes her insides flip.

Dressed into a simple white off shoulder top with formal wide leg pants, she once again managed to steal a breath from the beast. Feeling intrigued under his unwavering stare, she pulls her eyes off for a moment before looking back at him with a more composed stance. "What are you doing here ?"