16.The Asmodeus reasoning with his sins

An upadte on my birthday (⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)⁠♥ love yaa lovelies for being with me

*Warning, triggering confrontation

Smiling widely at the old woman, Mishika thanked her again for the box of Kaju Katli

Smiling widely at the old woman, Mishika thanked her again for the box of Kaju Katli. Meanwhile the woman stroked her hair lovingly, knowing well that the girl in front of her must be feeling giddy since it's her favourite sweets.

"Kaki why don't you come inside ?" Shanti, who lives across Mishika's apartment, shook her head in refusal before casting a small smile at the man behind Mishika. Sensing Shanti's gaze at Aarav, Mishika looked over her shoulder at him and sensing her gaze, inadvertently his lips tugged at the elderly woman. Both of them then let out a sigh in chorus.

(Aunt)

As Mishika opened her mouth to insist further, a manly voice, familiar to her and unfamiliar to her husband, echoed through the corridor. "Mummy, it's your time for medicines."

His features softened further as he reciprocated Mishika's polite smile. However Aarav's posture turned more stoic witnessing the look of admiration that swam through his wife's eyes upon the sight of the unfamiliar man. On instinct his arms fell on his wife's waist, who stiffened at his move, and he ventured himself closer to her to make his presence more evident.

A few pleasantries later, Shanti and the man retreated to their apartment and as the door closed, thickness in the air from before gauzed back in the surroundings. Moving in the kitchen to keep the box of sweets, she intentionally avoided his eyes, her insides still clenching by his words from prior.

The moment she turned around, she flinched back with a loud gasp, finding him standing too close for her poor heart. "That man is a creep."

At first confusion appeared on her face which subsided instantly on cognition that caused her eyes to narrow. "He is not." She snapped in disbelief. "Men like Mr. Subham are rare. In the world where people abandon their own parents, he is taking care of his dead wife's mother like his own."

She doesn't personally know Shubham a lot but she does share a sweet bond with Shanti. And when Shanti told about her daughter who died too early, and about her loving son-in-law, Mishika instantly found herself growing a respectable place for him.

Living in a conservative society and being the only child, Mishika did wish for a life partner who will treat her parents as his own. Though now she could only spot herself far from being in that position.

Raking a hand through his hair, Aarav's eyes narrowed into slits, subconsciously glaring as he watched his wife praising that unknown man with so much adoration.

"Let's shift your parents with us in the mansion." With face morphed with disbelief and jaw dropped, she stared at him. But he only let out a humming sound, satisfied with his words, his eyebrows raised as he stared at his wife's mortified form.