Prologue

Do share with your friends and it will be sweet of you to give shoutout..

Share your reviews and help me improve.. Now Enjoy

Clutching the strap of her sling bag tightly, Mishika asked the receptionist about where she could find the Singhanias

Clutching the strap of her sling bag tightly, Mishika asked the receptionist about where she could find the Singhanias. The receptionist though passed her a sweet smile but took her own sweet time. Or it was Mishika's anxiety at the thought of being around so many people kicking in ?

Once she got the floor number she rushed inside the elevator. Her phone rang continuously with her mother's name flashing on it but Mishika decided to pick up once she reached the 26th floor.

She directly came there after finishing her work so didn't get time to even check if she looked fine to attend the function or not. Once she stepped inside the venue hall, she was instantly dragged by her mother, who seemed to be waiting for her at the entrance. The entire floor was almost booked for the wedding of her cousin Lara.

"Maa, let me check if I look fine." she tried to reason. Her social anxiety heightened as everyone around was perfectly dressed for a wedding function. Whereas she wore wide jeans and a chikankari kurti.

"We don't have time for that. Bhabhi has been fretting about your absence ever since morning." Mishika had the sudden urge to scoff though she controlled. If anything then she and her family would be the least of concern for her Uncle and his family.

And then she stopped dead on track. Her breath caught in her lungs and her whole body turned stiff when her eyes clashed with a pair of dark charcoal eyes. Those eyes. She could never forget those eyes. The same eyes which still haunt her in her nightmare.

Astonishment flashed on his handsome face, but it disappeared as soon it came, as if it was never there. On one side Mishika couldn't even look straight at him whereas his piercing gaze remained pointed at her.

She involuntarily started to pull the edge of her kurti. Her body started to shake slightly. She couldn't believe only his eyes on her could do that to her. It made her overly self conscious and feel so exposed even when she was fully dressed.

If it wasn't for her mother dragging her then Mishika would have remained frozen on her spot. Her anxiety kicked with extra force when she found herself standing just a few metres away from him.

"Aarav, this is Mishika. My closest cousin. She wasn't in our engagement due to being busy at work so you might not know her." The mocking tone in Lara's tone was barefaced when she mentioned work. Preeti forced out a smile. She didn't like the way Lara addressed her daughter as if she didn't matter. However Mishika was in no state to pay heed to Lara's crooked remarks.

He made a sound of ohhh. "I'll know her." The devil finally spoke. His voice was now more deep and hoarse and it made her shiver like she was pulled out of daze. Without realising her eyes went on him who never took his eye off her. Her eyes scanned through his face trying to figure out the possibility.

It has been years since the last time they came in front of each other. Six years is a long time during which people come and go. It might be possible that he has forgotten her. Afterall she was not someone important for him to be remembered. She was someone whom he played with and left destroyed.

Being engrossed in her thoughts she didn't realise that she was staring at him which Lara didn't like even a bit. "Very soon." he adduced further and her throat parched. His presence was already intimidating her. She already wanted to run away.

The camera man appeared out of blue and asked Mishika to stand beside the couple for a picture. And for Mishika's bad luck she had to stand beside Aarav since Preeti decided to step down off the stage. "Mam, step a little closer." the photographer gave her a weird smile and she reciprocated with a more uneasy one.

The photographer's reaction was expected since the distance Mishika kept could fit another person in there. Taking a deep breath she shifted a little closer, still maintaining a decent distance. After a few pictures the photographer gestured them with a thumbs up on which she let out a sigh of relief.

A girl, probably Lara's friend, waved from the other corner of the hall and Lara enthusiastically waved back and went to her.

Taking it as a cue Mishika was also just about to move down off the stage when Aarav tilted his face in her direction pretending to itch his stubble. And in very low yet husky voice whispered to her "Hello Honey-eye"

Her heartbeats palpated as her eyes snapped and latched directly with his deep charcoal orbs. She can't forget that name. Ever. And something about the way he let it out of his throat always leaves her skin draped with goosebumps.

His eyes very discreetly analysed her face. Same heart-shape face and same slight bump on the nose bridge. Her medium honey shade skin no longer looked pale. In fact it was glowing under the bright light of the chandelier that was hooked on the ceiling above their heads.

She widened her eyes upon comprehending the wave of desire that emerged in his eyes staring at her lips which were trembling under his intense gaze. And just by that look she knew that she was already in a great mess. The boy she called her nightmare is back in her life.

 The boy she called her nightmare is back in her life

Word Count- 929

Wooshh! here's the Prologue... let me know what are you looking forward by it....

Mr. Nightmare seems to still remember his Honey-eye 🫣

The Prologue might feel dull but I promise you will see the progress once the story will pick it's pace...

Signing off
~T.R