12.The Beast is not interested in feasting on lifeless Prey

*I would like to mention beforehand that I'm not focussing on side characters... the characters highlighted are important

Hope you guys are enjoying your Navratri..

She stepped out of the washroom, her eyes restraining the unshed tears within its confines

She stepped out of the washroom, her eyes restraining the unshed tears within its confines. His words, managed to push her into the spirals of emotions that has given her sleepless nights leaving her with tears and lesions.

She wanted explanations, she was thriving for confrontation but she couldn't. She feared that history would repeat itself. Her desperation for the same, had left her with more pain, unfathomable trauma and she isn't strong enough to unfold any of them again.

Earlier he carried her to her room in the same position as if she weighed nothing. He denied acknowledging her body weight but she wanted the weight of her heart to be acknowledged. However he appeared to care less or he was too blind to notice the conflict surfacing into her demeanour.

So the moment he let her feet back on the ground, she dashed inside the washroom locking herself in. Rather than transparentizing her vulnerability in front of the man who was the sole reason of everything, she decided to gather her emotions together to again cover herself in the veil of fineness.

She changed herself into a pair of t-shirt and pjs, not taking the chance with her tunic which may ride up while she is asleep. There was no other room in her apartment and he was stubborn that the bed is enough for two. At any other time, she would have objected, but after the secret breakdown she found herself too drained for any protests.

Her body was stiff as she lay on the bed, trying to put every ounce of distance she could put between their bodies. By the deepening of his breaths, she could tell he was already asleep but she couldn't find sleep to consume her exhausted body and mind. And she didn't know how many more sleepless nights were awaiting for her with her nightmare everywhere around her.

~~~

The night was as dark as the gleam of those eyes staring at it. Her humourless chuckle creates a chord with the night breeze and as hypnotising her voice was, the intentions lurking behind were more traumatising.

Her dark grey eyes, can almost be taken amiss as black while they with utter fervency stared at the dark twilight, as if challenging its darkness with the darkness of her own.

Her gaze was unwavering unlike her attention which was constantly diverting to the text she received this evening. It simply read 'Stop troubling me. Stay away from me.' But those simple words were taken as a challenge by her. She was adamant, she always has been.

**F L A S H B A C K B E G I N S**

"You are purposely ignoring me ?" He knew that she knew that he heard her yet he decided to act as if she wasn't even there. And it did piss her off. She pleases by ignoring, getting ignored doesn't lie in her list. And she hated that he had been ignoring her.