9.Lethal Addiction only leads to Destruction

We have reached 17k reads, congratulations to us ♡⁠(⁠>⁠ ⁠ਊ⁠ ⁠<⁠)⁠♡

Our conscience or Our desires???

In case I forgot to mention precisely, I've added the warning in the description, so prepare your self of what will unfold in the future

Surrounded by a bunch of her colleagues, Mishika constantly forced her lips to smile. Another fist of laughter bursts into the ambiance when another one of them makes a coquettish remark to tease the newly wed. Shifting uncomfortably on her seat, Mishka's gaze met with Sitara, who shot an apologetic smile at her way and held her ear. Letting out a genuine smile Mishika tried to assure her.

"Tell us Mishika, where you guys are planning to go for honeymoon ?" Heat crept to Mishika's cheeks and she dipped her head low, an attempt to avoid their teasing eyes.

Suggestions of different suitable places echoed in the air and when everyone around seemed to enjoy the moment, Mishika was indulging more and more into discomfiture. Her relationship with her colleagues was more professional, but once her marriage's news heated up in the air, they all decided to bunch around her and playfully demanded for a treat, which Mishika couldn't deny.

Her fingers suddenly turned cold when someone asked for her husband's name. "Don't worry Mishika. No one will steal your love. You can at least tell his name." Came a teasing voice, giving Mishika a tough time to stifle the scoff that was ready to fly through her lips.

Mustering a puff of required air into her lungs, she managed to utter his name. "Aarav" And thankfully no one pestered to know his full name since now they got busy teasing her by her husband's name.

Steadily Mishika grew a little lenient to her surroundings and her replies gradually became more quicker than before yet the nervousness was wrecking her from within.

"What does he do ?"

"Working in the corporate world like us." A mental note of appreciation was made by Mishika for herself on the wise and calculated answer she came upon.

The tension gradually evaporated off Mishka's pores as the lunch hour edged to its finish time, and not long after everyone scattered away.

Finding Mishika finally alone, away from the unnecessary attention, Sitara quickly rushed to her. "It just slipped out my mouth." Her eyes etched wide and she looked like a puppy desperate for attention. "I'm seriously sorry."

Mishika yet for another time assured Sitara. She made up a story that she wasn't too excited about the marriage since it was an arranged one.

All these, rightnow were least of her concern. Back inside her head she was engrossed in dwelling about something else. And even God knew that those bugging thoughts somewhere were connected with her Nightmare husband.
~
~
~
The lento chords in the ambiance were highlighting the extravagant yet awestrucking decoration of the Pathak Villa. Stuck between the hubbub of rich strangers Mishika felt her self consciousness skyrocketing.