2.Now you have a better definition of 'being forced'

Please don't be a silent reader. Your words and votes motivates me to write.

Triggering scenes in the chapter

Mishika's povI adjusted this see through dupatta for the umpteenth time but still it did no good in hiding the peeping cleavage through this fancy blouse

Mishika's pov
I adjusted this see through dupatta for the umpteenth time but still it did no good in hiding the peeping cleavage through this fancy blouse.

(scarf)

My lips hurt from continuously smiling. But my stomach is twitching with a gut feeling. I'm getting no good vibes and just want to fade out of this unwanted place.

The morning was however less chaotic than it was supposed to be. It was baffling when Lara di instead of blasting upon me went in all guilty mode. She held my mother's hand and apologised for not taking care of me.

Was I dreaming or was she replaced by a doppelganger ?

And I almost got diabetes when she went so far to ask me to tag along for a salon and makeover session. "Afterall being my closest cousin you should look beautiful in my wedding." I don't remember when we were even 'close' enough to reach the term 'closest'. And secondly she, in her own way, mocked me that I can't doll up as her. Maa and I both ignored her witty remark since we didn't want any new mess to happen.

Maa, before Lara di dragged me with herself, briefly hinted to me that my bade papa and badi maa have been informed about their future son-in-law being spotted stepping out of their niece's room late at night. I, for the whole day dreaded about the cold ice to burst upon me but nothing sort of happened. And instead of relieving me, it is making me feel more sick.

I smiled at Lara di's grandmother who just waved at me. She is so sweet. How I wish her right genes would have transferred rightly so that my badi maa and Lara di could have been a little sweet.

She held my face and kissed my forehead, making me smile. Her wrinkles highlighted as she noticed my visible cleavage and she made a face with distaste. However she gave me a smile sensing my discomfort.

Our generation and her generation have a long rift to bridge afterall.

"Mishika beta, Lalita tumhe kab se dhund rahi hai. Jao aur use aur apne Jija ji ko haldi lagao." I rolled my lips to suppress my laughter as I noticed Lara di's face turning pale on the mention of her actual name.

(Mishika dear, Lalita has been looking for you. Go and apply turmeric on her and your brother-in-law.)

Lara di was clad beautifully in a pastel yellow lehenga with green blouse. She had her hand stretched for the henna artist who effortlessly designed the patterns on her palms and wrists. Taking a little haldi I moved close to Lara di and gently applied it on her cheeks. She gave me an extra sweet smile that made me feel extra uneasy.

What's up with her and her extra sweet smiles today ?

But I don't want to ponder about any of this. By tonight this marriage will be done and I'll leave with my parents. Just till tonight.