I took a shaky breath, I always hated reading out loud, but it was just me Mom and Dr Turner.
"I put Mom, family, equality, disability rights, friends, my boyfriend, that's all I didn't really know what to write" I said anxiously hoping it was enough.
"That's okay Harper, those answers are great I'm sure there is lots you value" Dr Turner said a she placed the work sheet into a folder.

"You have done great work today, we're going to keep working for this week and we will do online sessions while I'm in LA, I know a great educational psychologist here I can refer you to her" Dr Turner said as she collected her bags.

"Thank you Violet" Mom said as the two women hugged.
————
I sat in Mom's office as she constantly told me how proud she was of me today.

Mom's pager went off, "I'm being paged to the pit" Mom said as she started to walk, but turned to me.
"Harper your coming with me, your not staying on your own" Mom said as she waited for me to move from the chair.

I sighed as we ran to the pit.
"Hi Harper, is everything okay" Owen said as he saw me with Mom, I hated Owen something about him just wasn't right. I flipped him off, rightfully so. Mom noticed, Owen began to walk away. Was he really scared of me? The pussy.

"Harper don't act up, I'm trying to work if your going to misbehave and be rude then you can sit here and not talk" Mom said pointing to the chair.

"Ughhh" I sighed as I stormed over to the chair.

AMELIAS POV:

I didn't feel like scolding Harper especially she'd been through a lot and was probably in some mood, but for her to flip Owen off wasn't right, I wasn't going to have her showing me up at work.

The pit was rather full with multiple traumas, I watched as my teenager just sat there on her phone doing absolutely nothing.

"Harper instead of you sitting there, come help me instead" I shouted to my teenager who was highly interested in her phone.
She looked up and rolled her eyes as she sluggishly walked over.

"Harper can you make sure this patient stays awake while I check the patient next to her bed" I said rushing over to the patient who was clearly unconscious.

I flashed the torch into the unconscious patients eyes. "Pupils are blown, Adams get him up to CT" I shouted as I saw my nephew run towards me.

"Harper is that patient still awake?" I said to my teenager.
"Her eyes are closing" She said as I ran over flashing my light to check her pupils.
"Stay awake for me" I said as I kept seeing my patients eyes flutter.

The patient grabbed onto Harper's hand, both of their faces full of worry.
"Harper.." The young female said tremblingly

Harper looked closer her face puzzled.
"Lily?.."

HARPERS POV:

I couldn't believe it, I hadn't seen Lily in months ever since I got adopted I guess I just lost contact.

"Bitch" Lily muttered
"I thought you were fucking dead" She said as she slapped me.
"Right let's not Harper go with Schmitt to my office clearly you two can't be around each other and I have to treat her injuries" Mom said sternly.

I followed Schmitt to my Mom's office, I couldn't believe Lily was back and of course she was mad, I left without any notice and I shut her out completely, I blocked her on social media, I guess I just wanted a fresh start and felt guilty of all the shit I put her through.

But Lily was my best friend, I had known her since I was 13. She was always the first one there when I was in a rough shape, I felt bad for forgetting about her. Seeing her today made me realise what I did was wrong, but my intentions wasn't to hurt her.