121-130

Chapter 121 Blind Man Hua

Until dawn the next day, neither Xu Shuxin nor Aunt Yinhua came back, and they didn't know what the situation was.

Xu Dan got up early in the morning, heated up the leftover pancakes from last night, and boiled three eggs before asking Xu Peng and Xu Qiang to get up.

After leaving the house, Xu Shuxin and Aunt Yinhua were not seen. Xu Peng asked, "Whose family had an accident last night?"

"Sicheng and Siyu from Hua Xiazi's family said they were stabbed by Hua Xiazi when he went crazy. Uncle Dayong came to see them in the rain in the middle of the night yesterday. He should be looking after them in the county now."

The three of them ate breakfast in silence, Xu Dan packed up the dishes and washed them, and Xu Peng took Xu Qiang to do his homework.

When Xu Dan finished his work and went to the room to meet them, Xu Peng suddenly told her about Xu Sicheng and Xu Siyu.

"Danya, do you think Sicheng and Siyu's situation is miserable enough? Can you tell Uncle Zhou about applying for poverty subsidies or something?"

Xu Dan shook his head, "I'm not sure, but we can ask. Uncle Zhou is such a nice person, and Sicheng and Siyu are also good at studying, so he shouldn't refuse, right?"

When it comes to subsidies, Xu Shuxin is really worried about their family's situation.

These two children have had no parents since they were young, but they don’t know whether their parents are dead or not.

Their father went out to start a business when they were very young. He said he was going into business. I don’t know what the outcome was. Anyway, there has been no news for so many years.

Their mother stayed at home for two years and ran away from home because she couldn't bear the life of a widow.

I don’t know where I am now, whether I am dead or alive.

When it became possible to apply for poverty alleviation subsidies two years ago, Xu Shuxin applied for the two poor children, but because their parents' information was incomplete, they were never able to apply.

The people in the village also pity them. Blind Man Hua raised his two children by begging and picking up rags, and they raised them to be very sensible.

Families with slightly better conditions will occasionally send some food to their two children, and some people will leave their two children to eat at their home.

Blind Man Hua never goes there because he is the boss of others, and he never wants to inherit other people's family ties in his own body. Even if his two children ate and used other people's food, he would always find a way to return it.

Although he was called Hua Xiazi, he was not completely blind. When he was young, he didn't know what he did. He was blinded in one right eye by someone, so people in the village called him Hua Xiazi.

Later, they spent money to buy a daughter-in-law, and their father left soon after giving birth to Sicheng Siyu. He didn't want to buy another daughter-in-law, so he raised his son by himself.

When his son grew up, his wings hardened, he flew away, and he had to raise his grandchildren alone.

Speaking of their family's situation, if Xu Sicheng and Xu Siyu's parents died, they would steadily agree to the request.

But this one was missing and the other ran away from home, so we had to investigate. After two or three years of investigation, there was no news at all. The two children could only pick up rags with Hua Xiazi every day to collect school fees.