Devil's obsession part 14

(The masquerade party)

You went to see Jungkook in his room after you had freshen up as he instructed you to do so.

You saw him sitting on the chair infront of the mirror drying his hair with dryer. You looked at his reflection on the mirror. His eyes partially closed. Not going to lie he was looking damn hot.

You wanted to interrupt him but at the same time you wanted to enjoy the scene infront of you.

Not wanting to disturb him you started looking at each and every walls of his room. His room was painted with dark colours. There were few pictures on the wall and that's was all he did to decorate his bedroom. You were closely looking at the pictures. The pictures felt like a 2 year old child had made it or guess you didn't had any knowledge about art. Teaching you something about art was the same as teaching a snail to sprint.

You looked at the pictures more closely.

"What in the world has happened to art..they spill colours on the canvas and call it art! Duh bro..my non-existent three year old niece can draw better than this." You thought..

As you glanced at the pictures on the wall, one in particular caught your eye. It depicted two figures, possibly a girl and a boy, standing closely together. Their expressions seemed warm and familiar, hinting at a close bond between them, whether romantic or platonic.

The painting had a simplicity to it, as if the artist had started with a clear idea but allowed their creativity to flow freely. It felt relatable, like a snapshot of a moment shared between friends or loved ones.

"They seems like close friends..why I think I've seen this somewhere. Why it feels something related to me? Why this feels like a picture of us in the..." You thought as your chest started feeling heavy. You almost felt someone was suffocating you to death.

You wanted to take in deep breaths to overcome this feeling but you were unable to do so. Someone painted your worst memories. Someone captured those things which you wanted to erase from your life. The painting was of you and Jungkook together in the masquerade party. The worst thing that ever happened in both of your lives.

"Why Jungkook, why? Do you like reminding yourself the worst that had happened. Did you made this painting just to remind yourself that you..you hate me for something which I never meant to do! Do you like living in the pain of your unforgettable past? What should I understand by this painting..you liked seeing us together or you hate me this much that you...that you'd rather paint me as the villain in your narrative than face the complexity of our shared history?" You thought as your eyes started burning because of the tears you tried your best to hold back.

"What are you thinking about princess?" Jungkook asked still doing his morning skincare.

You came out of your thoughts.

"Nothing. Just looking at the paintings." You replied nervously.

"Do you understand what the painting says?" He asked you..his eyes fixed on the slight reflection of your face on the mirror.

"Which one?" You asked him to confirm what painting he was talking about.

"The one you were looking at..the biggest one." He replied in a deep voice.

The painting of both you together was the biggest one compared to the other paintings.

"I think that..." You paused. You tried your best to gulp down your real emotions behind a fake smile.

You slightly smiled and said "there are two persons in the painting and they are madly in love with eachother."

"I wish that was true.." he finally completed his morning skincare and got up from his chair.

"Why so ....?" You asked him even after knowing the answer.

"12 years ago my life entered a new phase which I never dreamt of. It made me what I am now. Someone I never wanted to become..but I am really thankful to her. She made me so powerful in this world of mafia's that now I feel so ashamed of my past self." A slight smirk appeared on his face as he came closer to you.

You didn't turned around to look at the expression of his face. You can feel it he was very proud of himself almost ruling over the whole mafia's world.

"So are you the one who is dominating the mafia world truly?" You said. You were being sarcastic ofcourse he wouldn't knew that you are being sarcastic because you are very good in hiding your real emotions. You said this to him so that he realises he is still a step behind in ruling the whole mafia's world. The Celine empire is still dominating the mafia world.

He stopped coming closer towards you. Your question triggered his ego.

"Yes. I am not completely dominating the mafia world. But I'll do when I found the owner of the Celine empire." He said clenching his jaw as his teeth gritted hardly against each other.

"Hmm. The masquerade party.. what do you want to tell me about it?" You turned around to face him. His expressions were cold as ice.

"2 days later there's a masquerade party happening in the Kim's mansion to celebrate the marriage anniversary of Taehyung's mom and dad. It's really important for me to attend the party since we are on very good terms. And I've decided to take you there as well." Jungkook said

"Ok..but-" You were cut off in between.

"How many times should I repeat my words, Lee yn?..I am telling you my decision. I am not asking for your opinions!" He voice carried a bit of annoyance.

"Sorry..but is there something in specific for which you are also taking me to the masquerade party?" You said

"No..but a yes. There's something you need to do." He said

"And what it is?" You asked as confusion captured your whole brain.

"Manipulation..either with beauty or with brain!" He said, his eyes filled with evil intention.

Devil's obsession