After reading a few comments of mostly adults telling me to clean my room, I saw a comment from Tuck, Bailey's son

Tuck: Gosh you're gorgeous.

I smiled at the comment and gave it a like, it felt good to be called gorgeous by someone who wasn't a woman.
————
A few minutes later I had got a text from Tuck.

Tuck: Sorry about calling you gorgeous on your insta post it's just that you really are
Me: honestly it fine
Tuck: nah I feel bad tho
Me: why?
Tuck: my mom says i shouldnt hide my feelings yeah ive made this awkward now
Me: nah its cool
Tuck: you sure?
Me: mhm
Tuck: well guess I'll jst rip the bandaid then, will you maybe like to go out some night as like a date
Me: I would 💕
Tuck: does tonight sound alright? We could get pizza
Me: sounds good

Pizza.. he would so notice me not eating what was I going to do, sure I could probably burn it off but the whole eating on a date freaked me out, I'd much rather just hang out in a park or something.
————
"Harper, we're going to the hospital and after you can get this room cleaned" Mom said.

"Ughh why can't I stay here and my room isn't even messy" I said sighing.

"Because I said so, and your room is a mess so you better clean it" Mom said picking up my converse and handing them to me.

I tied my shoes and walked down to the kitchen where Mom was making sandwiches.

She handed a sandwich to me, I stared at it. I've never really eaten sandwiches before, I hate bread and how the fillings touched the bread and butter. I moved the plate away and scrolled on my phone.

"Eat please" Mom said moving the plate closer to me.

I move the plate back away from me and shook my head.

"Harper eat please" Mom said and I shook my head.

"I don't like bread" I said pushing the plate away even further.

"Well just eat the inside of it" Mom said picking off the ham and cheese.

"I don't like cheese" I said even though cheese was something I had eaten before and Mom knew that

"Harper you do- never mind you know what just don't eat it, just get in the car" Mom said as she walked off to the front door, I knew she was frustrated I didn't want her to think I was being fussy or ungrateful.
————
We had arrived at the hospital and Mom walked into the exam room where Arizona was setting up.

Of course she dragged me here for an appointment, I hated how she worried about me so much.

"Hi Harper how are we feeling?" Arizona asked as Mom gestured me to sit in the exam bed.

"Fine" I said not really wanting to pay much notice to Arizona.

"Just fine?" Arizona asked, looking to Mom then looking to me.

I nodded, I didn't want to deal with a bunch of doctors who think they know better than me just because they studied biology and science for years and years.

"Harper me and your Mom are very concerned about you" Arizona said as she placed the cold stethoscope to my chest.

"Why?" I asked even though I kind of knew why, but needed some clarity.

Mom stepped into the conversation, "Because you haven't been eating" Mom said. I looked down at the floor and twiddled with my thumbs.

"I have been eating" I said which was a lie, but I needed to get out of this situation.

"Be honest Harper when was the last time you ate a healthy amount of food" Arizona asked looking at me with concern.

I stayed silent, "Thought so" Arizona asked.
"Harper can you step on the scale for me" Arizona asked as she pointed to the weighing scale.

I took off my shoes and stepped onto the scale, if this number wasn't perfect then I'd have wait till it was.

Arizona's face grew a concerned look as I heard her mutter "109 pounds" the number seemed so big, surely that meant I was obese?
————
"Harper let's sit down and talk with your Mom" Arizona said, I was confused was this a bad conversation or good 109 seemed like a large number.

"So I'm rather concerned Harper has lost a lot of weight since her last appointment" Arizona said, I was confused lost weight? It felt like I gained it.

Mom looked at me and her face looked rather worried.

Mom sighed and began to speak, "She is rather avoidant to a lot of foods, especially new foods, but lately I've noticed she hasn't been eating food she normally enjoys" Mom said, which was some what true.

Arizona look at my Mom and me, "Harper could you try and explain how you feel when they is food around" Arizona said now holding a clipboard and pen.

"I don't know why?" I said even though I knew exactly how I felt around food.

"Do you feel scared, maybe about the taste or the texture?" Arizona asked, I nodded knowing that's how I felt about new foods.

Arizona nodded and began to write on her clipboard, Mom held my hand and stroked it.

"What about the foods you normally like what is scaring you about them?" Arizona asked, I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Are you scared it might not taste the same as always, or if the texture has changed?" Arizona said still writing on her clipboard. I nodded slightly, it wasn't the exact reason but it was some part of it.
————
AMELIAS POV:

Arizona pulled me out into a private room.
"Harper is showing clear signs of ARFID, which is something we expected for ages now there is clear evidence for a diagnosis" Arizona said, but I knew it was something more.

"I think there's something more, she just completely refuses at meal times, and if she didn't like the food she would go and make something different, but she just seems to storm off and hide in her bedroom" I said knowing they was more then just ARFID, I hated to think it.

Arizona looked at me and sat down on a chair. "Amelia, you think Harper's starving herself purposely?" Arizona asked me and I nodded.

"I think what we need to do is call a psychiatrist who specialises in masked eating disorders and be prepared for what is to come, be strict with Harper but also be a supportive Mom" Arizona said, I nodded knowing what I needed to do.

"I can recommend you some nutrition shakes for Harper, if she doesn't eat at meal time she will have to have a shake" Arizona said and I nodded knowing she needed to stay healthy.

"Yeah that would help, but what if she refuses to drink the shake, she's picky" I said knowing Harper would most likely refuse the shake.

"Well then you know what will happen if she refuses both" Arizona said

"Feeding tube" I muttered and Arizona nodded. I hated seeing my daughter like this I did, I wanted to know what she was thinking, why she was hurting.

Authors Note:

I honestly just want to scoop Harper up and hug her writing her is a journey but I promise this storyline will help others be seen. I want to show as much stories and mental health, etc as possible and raise awareness.

Thoughts so far?