2.12 ; wrong call

Start from the beginning

"For now he can come with us," Andrea smiled going over and grabbing onto a gun. 

Natalie tends to both of the men, changing her mind about the search feeling like she shouldn't risk anything in the moment of being pregnant. "I should stay back, help out around here." Nodding her head in the direction of Glenn mostly wanting to just have a word with him. 

Glenn's head turned swiftly at the sound of Natalie's voice, his eyes brightening at the sight of her. A small smile played on his lips as he watched her approach, her presence seemingly lifting the weariness that clung to him and Ethan. The trio stood there, buckets of water around them, in the midst of what seemed like a mundane task.

With a playful grin, Ethan called her out, "Just gonna stand there? Or help." He gestured to the additional bucket he had just set down, a hint of jest in his tone.

Natalie chuckled, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "I thought we were done?" Glenn complained, glancing at Ethan as he seemed a bit worn out. "You told me we were done after three buckets... We have four." The smile on her face carried a lighthearted tone, enjoying the banter as she joined them in the task at hand.

"We are going take a break," Patting Glenn's shoulder. 

Ethan ambled over to join the group, gearing up for another search for Sophia. This left Glenn alone with Natalie, and the weight of the impending revelation hung heavily between them. Taking advantage of a beach chair within the campsite, Glenn removed his hat, leaned forward, and cut to the chase. "So?"

Natalie, immersed in her thoughts, glanced at her hands, inadvertently revealing her unease. "Yeah, I am..." The words hung in the air as if she couldn't bring herself to articulate the details, not wanting them to escape her lips.

Rather than jubilation, a shadow of concern crossed Glenn's face, a sentiment Natalie quickly picked up on. "Oh my god," he whispered, the dim tone enveloping them. "You're preg—"

"Don't tell anyone." Natalie sat down next to him, subtly adjusting the chair for a more private conversation. "And I know you're bad at secrets."

Glenn vehemently shook his head, haunted by the memory of the Quarry incident when he inadvertently spilt the beans to Lori. "Bad. Worse person in the world, make it," he admitted a tinge of guilt in his eyes.

"But please, I'll tell Shane..." Natalie nodded, locking eyes with him.

"You and him, I thought it was just a rumour during early camp, Jim started..." Glenn chuckled, and Natalie lowered her head, reminiscing about the simpler times. "You better tell them, 'cause you know I can—"

Natalie sighed, acknowledging the complexity of the situation. "I know, Glenn. But I need to figure things out first. It's a mess." 

As Lori approached the two, carrying a bucket in her hand, the impending disclosure added a layer of tension to the already charged atmosphere. "Carol wants to make dinner for the Greenes as a thank you," Lori said to Natalie. Glenn had staggered away quickly just in case he winded up saying something he wasn't supposed to say. 

"That seems like a good idea," Natalie casually spoke walking beside her mother. "How's Carl?" 

"Already trying to get out of the bed." Smiling a bit thankful that her son was getting better by the day. "Hershel said to give him two more days, he should be able to walk to the front steps." 

Natalie had gone silent nodding her head thankful as well. Lori squinted her eyes. "Is something wrong?" The young woman didn't know if she should say anything to Lori counting her mom would just give her nothing but a lecture.