Chapter Forty Eight

Adrian Winters

Walking out of Winters Group Tower I unlocked my Vantage and slid into the driver seat which made me feel like a five year old kid all over again when I saw one for the first time. I had also learned how to drive a manual in one because I had been just smart enough to understand patterns, and tall enough by eight to reach the petals. I may not have linked manuals to begin with but I certainly didn't mind them, mostly it was my seven million dollar Zonda's that I had mini heartattacks with because there was no replacing them if something went wrong, so me being a self taught engineer redesigned the transmission ever so slightly so that I couldn't blow up the fucking clutch like a dumbass from how I drive. I could simply put the car into a gear and it would limit itself to a certain speed and power so that I didn't destroy my gearbox, I'd also added other safeties but I was never going to put any automated system for changing gears like what went into certain machines.

Driving off I looked around the city and took my time to admit to myself that even if I may not have always enjoyed the pain that this city had attached to it, it was my city, and it was where my family name meant something positive compared to if we'd stayed in Germany. Even the UK would be alright, I simply knew New York as the hub of the Winters Family name, and the fact I'd been able to make it stay that way was a positive in my mind.

Olivia's reunion with Taliya, did pose a difficulty.

It added another person to pay attention to in the list of people that were at risk. It also meant more involvement in the security placement that the penthouse, and the places anyone connected to my close friends, and business aquaintences were going to be more exposed or likely to be found.

I knew that there would be complications in what I did there always was though the fact that there was something in controlling the movements of people, and where they went along with the course of action that they would decide was normal, or needed was something else.

If money could buy patience I'd be broke from how often I'd need to purchase it.

My impatience was also a leading factor to much of my stress and why I resorted to certain things to relieve tension like boxing or running. Being athletic was a key factor in most of my daily life, and the quick list of blackmail I'd created with Nico on Grace Haskall wasn't something I had looked forward too since I had to hand type the coding programs, which was probably the reason for my one hundred word per minute typing speed, which would hopefully get faster the more years I poured into my business.

Getting to the intersection of 57th Street and 5th Avenue I turned left and began to make my way to One57 where I knew Olivia to be likely back in the penthouse where security would have her safely watched at a distance since there was two fobs to get into the penthouse, one I had and one she had.

Rolling into the garage I backed into my spot while Elijah would be getting one of the Hamptons PPO's to bring him back to Manhattan since his main task for today was to take my Chiron back to the main house and make sure that the place was on total oversight security until I returned. I hated it at times that I needed to pour eighty million into salaries and costs for security alone, but I also knew that there was a certain image that a man or woman who was often considered confident or powerful having guards that trailed rather then around them looked. Everything I did was a power play, a way to make people percieve me how I wanted them to. The exceptions were all the people who I considered family, or those who were connected to those people closely.

Parking the Aston I climbed out and locked the vehicle before heading to the elevator which opened immediately after I pressed the button and I stepped in to select the top floor.

I had very few things that illicited appreciateion from me, but the penthouse at One57 where I got to hold Olivia for the first time how I wanted was absolutely my favourite out of the penthouses I owned. Though most of my real estate holdings wasn't in my name, and I'd been extremely careful to create vast collections of companies either official, shell, or separate that allowed for the name Winters Group to be associated, but officially it was holdings company, and by extension if my company was ever bought out, which it never would be, someone would have to give me almost four trillion dollars based on current assets built, asset expense in purchase, and total associated shareholdings that the companies recieved as investments.

My goal was complete to create something no one could take from me.

The ding brought my eyes up from the ground and I walked out to find Olivia sitting in the living room with her feet up across the couch her laptop sitting in her lap, and the sounds of a movie playing from it.

"Did you have a good day?" I ask taking off my shoes and setting them near the base of the stairs before I went over to where Olivia stood and leaned down kissing her neck and then the top of her head.

"I did, I saw Taliya today, she apologized for her outburst at WGI the last time I saw her. Mostly we had normal conversation, though it was maybe for half an hour before I came back and continued with my work. Now I'm watching a movie that popped up on Netflix in my recommended feed," she says glancing up at me. "What about you?".

"My day was busy, mostly meetings, I went and saw Nico to deal with part of the situation with the stalker. I will be submitting what we found to the police department, I also got a shit ton of projects done, and I sent off a distraction to bring attention to Draven Eldridge, though we both know no one is named that," I say and she nodded before tilting her head fully back to look at me from where she sat on the couch.

"Why do you have so many of those companies and trusts that aren't even your actual name, like I know you have ones that are applicable to translations of your name?" Olivia asks.

"The same reason you were worth fifteen million dollars as a senior in Thornbrook, and you never had to pay a cent of taxes that money technically belonged to an investment portfolio with you as a beneficiary. It's also how if you look at what I own nothing is actually in my name," I say before undoing my sleeves and letting out a yawn. "I'm going to have a shower, and then I was wanting to order take out, anything particular you don't want?".

"I don't want pizza or burgers," Olivia says as I cross the room and collect my shoes. "Ooh what about thai food, you love thai food," she excitedly says, and I smile at her.

"Okay, I'll order thai food once I'm out of the shower," I say and begin walking up the stairs and she follows after me which makes me stop to look back at her from the top of the stairs.

"Are you planning to join me," I laugh and she nods.

"I'm cold," she says and I just shake my head slightly before walking down the stairs and lifting her up before walking up the stairs and into our bedroom so that the two of us could shower off our day's and have dinner likely with the movie Olivia had been watching on the big TV.

I wanted a mildly wholesome ended chapter so I changed the plan, I appreciate all of you, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️