Chapter Thirteen

Riley Niles

Parking in the long curving driveway of my Jersey mansion I which I'd bought after the Ambrose Case which was now under investigation. My parents might have had a personal net worth of four billion but I'd built on that and over thirteen and a half months Niles Law & Co had done over two dozen in court cases all of them won and all of them being for tens to hundreds of millions of dollars. Along with at least one every two weeks for around ten million. The New York branch of the company had been a quarter of the profit for that time period.

Sure an eight billion dollar fortune was nice for me but the largest case still remained the Ambrose Case and the fact it was under a microscope because someone thought it seemed off was now the reason I was going to have to tread carefully. I didn't have anything to hide but that was the defining start to my legal career and I didn't want to have it be found as a false because then my whole career would come crumbling down.

Parking the Rolls Royce I pushed the door open and I could hear the screaming engines in the distance though there was only one person who would be driving fast enough in a suburban area. Glancing towards the gate I watched the matte grey Mercedes Benz Maybach roll up the driveway, followed by a gloss grey Porsche GT4, silver Range Rover, white GT 63S, and white LaFerrari.

There's two missing.

The stream of all five of my billionaire friends climbed out, and it was funny that it reflected their jobs and what they were like as people.

Ava then came over to me and wrapped her arms around me, as she usually did being just as bubbly and easy going as me. Mia linked her hand with Hunter who whispered something in her ear which caused her to blush and subtly elbow him in the side, even as he corrected his hair in the wind that was softly blowing. Nico looked calm and collected even as he stared at his phone before pocketing the device and his cars lights flashed likely locking some security feature in place. Olivia was dressed to the nines in all black and if looking like a girl boss could be a person it was Olivia.

"Little olive," I cheered with a bright smile and she cracked slightly before Ava watched in amusement as I bear hugged Olivia, and Hunters laugh could be heard before an engine drowned it and the low slung form of Katelyn Winters 750S rounded the corner of my driveway and while Nico's cars were a glossy grey, his girlfriends were a neutral between dark gloss and nardo grey, the flat tone shining in the bright sunlight.

The obsidian haired woman who climbed out had been an envy and resulted in Adrian threatening Hunter even though we all knew Kate and Nico were practically cast together for how close they were.

"Where's your beau?" Ava asks as Olivia in her three inch heels stopped next to us and made her almost the same height as me.

"On his way," Olivia says as the distant roar turned to a rumble and in Adrian style a fucking gloss black Pagani rounded the corner and slowed to a stop behind Olivia's Ferrari, music playing loud enough to hear through the insulated glass. Then the devil himself climbed from the vehicle and shut the gullwing door before rounding his car and over to the rest of us in a tailor suit that put his body on impressive display.

Damn me for bring a lawyer and learning people's cues and tells.

The only people here I wouldn't ever even try to somewhat swindle or trick would be the two geniuses among our friend group and their others.

"Riley, Ava, Olivia," Adrian softly greets, and another tell flicked off in my mind, calm control, with a hint of passive aggression. His only flickering expression of being upset.

"So we have something to talk about as a group," I say as everyone gathered.

"And I have a dinner reservation at seven," Hunter says glancing to Mia and I wondered if there was more to the reservation, which Adrian and Nico just stared at one another likely expressing more in a glance then the two of them would ever put into words.