Chapter Eleven

Nicholas Harrington

There were four things that were important to know in New York's business circles. One never discuss a deal unless it was completed, or with someone you were doing business with. Two, influence comes with money, the more money the more influence one could have over the lives of others and their own perspective. Three, always read contracts carefully. Four, image could save you or destroy you.

I had to learn all of those over the past year and become the best at doing so. Being the CEO of Harrington Industries had meant I needed to know all security measures by heart along with know how all the maneufacturing, and defense options worked with the vast variety of clients I had. The company I had inherited was predominantly in private security and protective services from technological safety to protection rooms in homes, security details for top executives and personalities along with world leaders, and for some even stealth technology though most of those contracts belonged to the military.

Weapons production was different, I never touched it though for the past year I'd been helping Adrian with the development of a particular code that could be used by the military to completely wipe a server the problem was that if any mistake was made during the testing all of the data we'd researched would be destroyed with it. He was the better programmer between us and had been able to create his own functioning short form code down to even programing his own symbols for code. Another problem was that I had military contracts and Adrian didn't though he did supply them with metal and material for weaponry production he hadn't been greenlighted to have his own facility for creating such weapons.

And if he did he wouldn't tell anyone because Adrian was just that secretive.

I could think back to when we all had been in Rosenberg. He would sit in his room for hours after the day had ended and write code on sheets of paper or design and test something he'd thought of. The teachers hadn't been able to get him to focus because he'd be done and understanding what we were supposed to be learning in under ten minutes. He also was still the same tampered aggressive person. He was Adrian Winters, what he wanted he got, and it was still apparent to this day, I had the two tallest buildings in the US in view of Harrington, the One World Trade Center on one side, and Winters Group Tower on the other while the former Winters Enterprises building which now was the headquarters of Winchester Banking sat on the North East corner of the tower.

Adrian was also the only person that actually slightly scared me. He wouldn't ever do anything against any of the people around him, but he was also capable of buying out all of New York if he wanted to. There was no fucking around with him, he just cut straight to business which was also probably why he had become a billionaire so quickly compared to the rest of us, making money as Adrian was probably his easiest choice in a day. It was the upkeep part that I knew bothered him. Because his own company was so young, he had to deal with all kinds of surveys and regulations though his own choices were monitored closely and he shut them all down. I knew that legally Adrian made over two billion a week, and that his grey area business dealings were the backbone to all of it.

Which was also why I was shocked when I had parked my GT4 RS and a vehicle rolled to a stop along the curb before two men in suits got out along with a second car that with another set though the car was marked NYPD.

Why are they here?

Climbing out of the car I locked my vehicle ans looked to the four of them.

"Good morning, can I help you?" I ask looking between them before they raised badges.

"NYPD Financial Crimes division, these are FTC officials to review your companies servers and business transactions," one of the officers says.