Chapter Twenty One

Nicholas Harrington

I stood in the pitiful rain outside of the largest hanger in JFK Airport while the Boeing 777X slowed in front of me and the steps were wheeled over. The matte exposed carbon body with its slash of silver and then black underbody created a rather intimidating silhouette over the expanse of the airfield.

The door of the plane slid to the side and Adrian and Olivia stepped out of the plane and down the steps towards me as I stood next to my car, and the one Adrian likely requested to be brought for him and Olivia.

"Nico," Adrian says as his foot hit the tarmac and I smiled shortly taking in the fact that even though he was previously in Vegas he now wore black polished shoes, trousers, a black button up and secured with cufflinks along with a long black pea coat that looked like it was military issue but I knew it had likely just been a bespoke fitting as with the rest of his clothing.

"Adrian, welcome home. Olivia, I see you've kept him away from trouble in Vegas," I comment as I handed over the key to the gloss black car behind my BMW.

"That doesn't stop him, Nico," Olivia replies casting a playful smile to Adrian who squeezed her hip, and had positioned himself like a shield from the rain behind her.

"Nothing stops me, I'd be fucking horrendous at my job if I could be stopped," Adrian muses dismissively as if the idea of him having the ability to stop was even plausible.

"Even though I have to be the bomb safety for your anger," Olivia smiles again, though Adrian's expression didn't shift, a trait that served him well, and got him what he wanted by appearing stoic, and unmoving whenever he spoke. His eyes on the other hand softened when he looked at Olivia, and I made no further comment.

Adrian wouldn't do anything if I did, but it wasn't necessary and him and I only spoke when needed, intellectual sentences were enough to condone the message we wished to present.

"We all know what happens if you aren't there to be the safety for this city," Adrian remarked guiding Olivia towards the passenger side of the car and whispered in her ear before his coat came off and he remote started the car.

Pushing the butterfly door shut he pocketed the key and walked back over to me, seeming to not care that his tailored shirt was beginning to sodden on his chest and shoulders.

"I want to talk to you about the case, what your plan is with it," I say and Adrian rubs his beard for a moment a sign of hi debating his words.

"We're doing it at your house, besides Olivia and Kate only spoke briefly at Riley's house," he says, and I had a suspicion he also was going to talk to his sister about how she was doing.

"Not unexpected, I have a bottle of rum I bought for you, I'm hoping you'll like it," I say unlocking my car and the taller man nodded before turning to his own.

Getting into the leather seats of my car I put the car in first and set off with Adrian not far behind me, and he'd catch up, he always did. Especially since the man drove twenty over as a standard.

His plans first step had clearly worked as information was now public, and there was a mass outcry into the fact it had been allowed to go on for over twenty years without proper investigation. Though what I feared was just how far Adrian would push the theoretic blade of justice into them. He'd been known to gut anyone who stood against him and I knew that since Hunter was one of his friends, and all of us were on the hook for some reason; he was going to be sure it'll eventually be leaked that he had all that information.

No one scared me easily, not when I could access any server across twenty countries, but the lone fact that I knew Adrian owned more then just Winters Group International made me wonder what made people believe challenging him was a smart idea.

If the undisclosed net worth, and blank photo on Forbes didn't make you wonder, the long list of takeovers would.

I'd also never seen Adrian lose his control for the past year, and even during senior year at Thornbrook, he was beyond calm all the time, save for a few slips where the other person deserved it.

Though the other half of our original friend group often seeked bothering him.

Glancing back in my mirror I saw the headlights shoot to one side of a car about five hundred feet back and then a low black form shot past me the engine screaming into the dawning night over Long Island.

Moving over in front of me I heard the down shifts as he put the car in neutral to roll to the right speed.

I wasn't even surprised anymore he drove like an F1, and I wondered if he had been given a chance what he'd have become especially since he raced cars since he got his license. He also fought like Tyson, and played chess better then I'd ever seen anyone else.

Watching the taillights of Adrian's car I saw him head into Bridgehampton and stopped where the gates to my house was before they opened and I drove down into the garage of my home where, Kate and I kept all our vehicles though we had been careful to keep our assets as limited as we could even if it allowed for good storage of what we owned.

Backing into my cars spot I climbed out of the car and headed towards the door that shut behind me as I passed under it and up to where Adrian's car sat with both doors up.

Climbing from the car I watched Adrian and Olivia glance around before the doors were shut. I could tell that Olivia did it to take in the house since it was an old Renaissance style simply because Kate loved the chateaus in France. Adrian did it because the man carried around a nine millimeter, and constantly was on alert over the past years.

Two hundred active bodyguards and Adrian is probably the most dangerous one.

Crossing the driveway to the front doors I unlocked the door and led them into the house where I found Kate cooking in the kitchen and seemed happy upon seeing Olivia and then her brother.

"Hello beautiful," I whisper kissing her softly as she dried her hands.

"Hi handsome, also look who you've dragged in," Kate replies walking past the L shaped counter to Olivia who outstretched her hands.

"Olivia look at you, you're stunning as usual," she says as she and Olivia embraced.

"She's more then stunning Katelyn," Adrian said as I looked over all the dishes Kate had made and reveled in how delicious they smelled.

"Adri, did Olivia finally pull you out of the shadows to come to the light," she says teasing her brother as usual.

"I live in the shadows Kate, no one is ever going to pull me out of it, not when I have the ability to do and get away with whatever I want," he says and I laughed shortly though Olivia just looked amused as she considered her boyfriend.

"Also it smells lovely in this house, I smell chicken and parsley," Adrian adds before navigating the kitchen like he'd been here a hundred times when in reality he was here once a month at best. Pulling out plates he set the table and placed out glasses while swiftly seeking out the wine cellar and emerged with a bottle of his choice.

"Someone's hungry," Olivia says as Adrian pours out drinks and Kate and I moved the food to the dining table.

"Food motivation," Adrian admits sitting next to his girlfriend and not long after Kate and I did the same allowing all of us to begin putting food on our plates and casual conversation to flow through the long room that always felt more relaxed with the company of friends, and family.

I got a second update done today I'm pretty proud of myself, though it won't seem that way to you all. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways Peace✌️