Chapter Forty Seven

As the day ended I stood in my office with Mia not far away sitting at one of the chairs of the small meeting room adjacent to the office and took another sip from her mug that I guessed had water in it since she never drank more then one cup of coffee, and never would touch the stuff after noon.

"Nico, what is the Eldridge Account its come up a few times, but I have no record in the system of it?" she asks carrying the tablet she held in her opposing hand. Glancing up from the window where I was texting Kate that I'd be home a little later because of a business matter, I pocketed the device and turned to my sister.

"It's a trust, belongs to Draven Eldridge," I reply neglecting to mention it was a trust owned by Glace International Holdings, and a false name of the owner.

A subsidiary of Adrian's, for his personal security matters.

"There is no one named Draven Eldridge, I've checked the Fortune 400 list, you only do business with Fortune 400 or international clientele," Mia says and I nod.

"That's because it's owned by Adrian and Olivia," I reply taking the tablet and looking to see a massive thirty million dollar deposit with a coded message.

Of course, never one to pretend secrets aren't a form of currency.

"Oh," Mia says watching as I decoded the message.

"I need Skoteino made a cloaking system, you make military software. I trust you," I read aloud and Mia nods.

"Isn't his flagship yacht already a literal fortress?" Mia comments and I nod.

"Double reinforced hull, missile defense system, fifty PPO's with advanced military grade weaponry and gear, security settings to make the vessel a maze and on complete lock down, and also designed to blend into waves if needed. Though turning all the lights off never happens, there's also more technologies though I know those are all classified and likely apart of Adrian's trust," I explain typing off an email to development to make the cloaking system to scramble any sensor when needed, and to show it as a shallow point on a map to ships avoid it, and planes viewed it as a non connective region.

What was a several hundred million dollar stealth system to a billionaire.

I'd never been against Adrian's many ambitious projects. They after all was what made him all of his money, but there were moments when I seriously wondered just how close to a bond villain my girlfriend's brother really was.

"I swear he has no fucks to give when it comes to security and personal expense," Mia remarks and I laugh.

"His sacrifice of billions is what made him over a trillion dollars and likely will keep up the process," I sigh sending off the email and closing my laptop since I'd now have to go down to operations management and talk to all of then since making something like this wasn't going to slip past anyone. And military tech wasn't exactly free market commodity.

"So what all do we need to do for our surrogate brother?" Mia asks now fast at work with her tablet.

"Well we have to get this one project accidental attention. Adrian operates on mystery quota anyways," I comment knowing that if I said it to Adrian himself he'd roll his eyes or blank stare me depending on his mood towards the world.

"At least you got a brother almost just like you," Mia teases and I shake my head.

"Having a sister taught me how to be around women and I got to give you an expectation of how a boy should protect you and dad got to show you men treating a woman right with mom," I list not really diverting my gaze from my phone which was getting a string of feedback responses.

"And yet you're still the shiest member of the group," Mia says and I barely glance at her, grateful that between us she was the more outgoing, which seemed to be true for Kate, she made up for all the antisocial habits of her brother.

"And I won't deny it," I say as Mia and I got to the management center where various managers and administrators were gathered to have this plan go into action.

"Hello, I want to just get to the point since it's late and you all will want to go home. Tomorrow I need a coordinated effort to get cloaking technology that is capable of being installed to a boat. A client has told us that they will pay whatever it costs, it just has to be done in a timely fashion," I say and I get a series of nods though the engineers looked a little uneasy about what I was asking of them.

"Who is the customer who is asking for military grade tech?" one of them asks and I raised my eyebrows.

"Draven Eldridge, the guy's paid through trust, so there's no limit to what we can charge but no one who's built more to a family trust will want to pay too much," I say knowing that I wouldn't and my family wasn't shy about it, they just would rather not draw too much attention to themselves.

"Okay, well I'll get my team on it in the morning, I can't say our Director will sleep with the amount of emails he'll be getting," another says and I noticed that there wasn't a ton of chatter, though almost everyone here will be attempting to create an action plan to make sure that their part in all of this would go the way I needed it to.

I on the other hand left the meeting with the mentality that whatever it was that Adrian planned to use the ability to make his yacht seem invisible on option was likely so that he could operate without being tracked conventionally. But that was just who he was, unconventional. In all the years I'd thought of what all of us being adults would turn out it wasn't watching the rise of the most influential empire in history. Adrian had openly told me the richest any Winters had ever been was two hundred fifty billion dollars, and he had surpassed that when he donated his families fortune. That was the first of many scandals that Adrian found himself with, he was in many ways the king of scandals because he could control them, and other people. It was dangerous to be against him, and somehow comforting to be his life long friend because no matter what if someone needed something he was who everyone went to.

I just hoped that whatever path he was going down wasn't going to lead to one of the most catastrophic falls in economic history, which would be the result more and more as WGI grew, it was true for all of us if any of our businesses collapsed, simply based on the void we'd have created almost instantaneously, across the world.

It was also the reason companies like Winters Group were so secret.

If the public knew that in reality there was a company ran by a twenty year old businessman that made a third of the US GDP annum there would be questions on how he'd done it, how all of us had done it especially with the reach we all had.

Also why distractions for the public were so important.

So its a little short, I am sorry, comment, vote, and share, I hope you all enjoyed it, I always enjoy the feedback and comments, also if you don't feel like commenting feel free to start conversations and tag me, or reach out privately, I will never pretend I'm too busy to interact with readers. Anyways

Peace